+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shinebrite View Post
    Although they do have additives, we were still having the fries up until a year ago when I found that out. Not anymore. Our takeaway is fresh cut organic potato chips and grilled fish from a small takeaway store, we occasionally get and the kids and dh will have the fish, not me..blergh don't fancy fish... Or vegan GF pizza we can get in the city... So yes to the occasional 'takeaway' perspective, but NO to maccas. Too many chemicals, additives and to be frank, I'm not supporting those types of food chains.

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)
    Yes lots of additives. That was more for the poster who said they are vego so nothing there for them. Not saying it is a healthy breakfast, but when we are stuck there is no other choice for gfcf vego breakfast in town before school. It's been twice in 4 years so we don't make a habit of it.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    .....You order the seared chicken as opposed to the (fried) crispy. Slightly healthier I think!
    Yeah this. The regular chicken wrap is basically a big chicken nugget. The healthier version which we order is grilled chicken. If you don't specify when ordering, they just put the fried chicken in.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (04-05-2012),Mod-pegasus  (05-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I will say it loud and proud. I give my son Maccas, sometimes he gets it 2 weeks in a row. some times it's once a month. Sometimes he doesn't have it for 4-5 months. He loves chips and big Mac sauce.(so do I) he gets a happy meal sometimes other times it's just the chips.

It's convenient, it's a treat, and it doesn't make me a bad parent. sometimes I just CBF cooking.

A lady in Maccas once said how bad it was for my son. And I laughed because she was buying a meal for her self and had 2 kids with her and not sharing. Wtf

Edit: I also have no issue with the parents who don't give it to their children, your children your choice
    Last edited by daysta112; 04-05-2012 at 10:00.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to daysta112 For This Useful Post:

OJandMe  (04-05-2012)

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daysta112 View Post
    I will say it loud and proud. I give my son Maccas, sometimes he gets it 2 weeks in a row. some times it's once a month. Sometimes he doesn't have it for 4-5 months. He loves chips and big Mac sauce.(so do I) he gets a happy meal sometimes other times it's just the chips.

It's convenient, it's a treat, and it doesn't make me a bad parent. sometimes I just CBF cooking.

A lady in Maccas once said how bad it was for my son. And I laughed because she was buying a meal for her self and had 2 kids with her and not sharing. Wtf
    ^^ what she said

And sometimes I even eat it myself. Though now that we've moved 'into' town..... we don't drive past it any more like we did when we lived 'out of' town... (gee that 5kms makes a difference!) So we haven't bought it in ages because I CBF getting them all in the car and driving 5mins up the road..... These days I tend to stop and pick up a hot chook and some oven chips from Woolies.

Or give them good old instant noodles.
    Last edited by OJandMe; 04-05-2012 at 10:01.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    yes, they get it occasionally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We have maccas/hungry jacks etc at least once a week. Lately it's been 2 or 3 times a week though but as of this week it's back to one night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Yes lots of additives. That was more for the poster who said they are vego so nothing there for them. Not saying it is a healthy breakfast, but when we are stuck there is no other choice for gfcf vego breakfast in town before school. It's been twice in 4 years so we don't make a habit of it.
    Yeah, it's cr@p hey!! Drives me crazy when the girls clearly need food!!!

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep. When I've got a double cheese burger craving the kids come along. If I want fast food without them I wait til kindy/school day and that's because it'll be cheaper lol. I don't feed them junk three times a day because it's expensive and would be gross, and can't imagine their behaviour.

So we do it as we see fit and don't really care for the lady who waved her finger at us when we were there for breakfast one morning. Unfortunately my immature DH had a sudden finger spasm of his own and that made the lady embarrassed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I have a maccas about once a week, so does DD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH and I have take away once a week, DS might have it once a month or chip here and there.

I have no problem with him having take away etc sometimes. I am a prime example of what deprivation can do (I am overweight and put some of that down to junk food being locked away at times when I was a child so once I could buy my own I gorged on it)