+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Now i really really really reallllllly want nuggets

DS has had Maccas occasionally. I don't really think to go there (unless I'm having insane cravings like right now). We've been a few times when we've been on a long drive somewhere, and DP sometimes gets a bacon and egg mcmuffin if we're out early and will get DS a hash brown.

I think those chicken "wraps" are such a con though, they are basically chicken nuggets stuffed into a wrap with some mayo and a lettuce leaf. Errr... how is that healthier??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    We were having a happy meal a week when I did grocery shopping. Chicken nuggets, flavored milk (popper not shake) or juice - depends which he wants, and I did used to get the fruit bag but now I do get the chips. And I eat half of them lol.

We haven't for a few weeks though because I don't really enjoy that special outing treat with him anymore now with katelyn, I wind up telling him to hurry up and eat his junk. Lol.

Instead as a special weekly treat we get a DVD. And take it home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess1889 View Post
    Sometimes I take my 19 month old ds to maccas and I have a coffee and cake and browse Facebook. I don't ever let max eat it though, I take some horse carrots with me and once he finishes those he is allowed to play.

Kidding. If course he eats maccas!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Bahahaha. People are gonna think I'm weird(er) because I have enough hubbers on FB to make horse carrot references from time to time.

I'm just waiting for it to catch on as a thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and *I* get the spare change menu stuff. Seriously $2 for a double cheese burger - I get 2 of them and that's my lunch for $4.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

crunchie  (03-05-2012),Jensha  (04-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We go there occasionally (probably once every 2-3 months) and 4 year old DD gets a happy meal (she usually chooses nuggets,apple slices and a pop top apple juice or water.)

We usually go to cafes instead of Maccas for a treat though. We probably go to cafes once or twice a week and DD has a croissant or cupcake and a baby cino or milkshake.

Like others have said I see no problem with it in moderation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep we get maccas. And hungry jacks...we love takeaway,.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Not yet, but once DS is older I don't have a problem with it - just not every day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Of course I do! DD is 22 months old and we started giving her an occassional fry since about 12 months. She could never eat a whole meal so I usually get a 6 pack of nuggets and chips and she will have 2 nuggets and a handful of chips. It keeps her quiet and she knows its not an everyday thing. If we are at an actual maccas restaurant she would rather play in the play area anyway!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope, but my son is only 15 months and I wouldn't feed a baby McDonalds!

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP, I'm very embarrassed to admit I fed DS with Hungry Jack chips when he was only 4 months We were in the car waiting for DH, he kept crying and I couldn't calm him down. I had a pack of chips so I peeled one and fed him the inside (no salt), he liked it so much and kept shouting for more That was his first solid food, how sad When DH saw that he was very upset with me and said that we, as a whole family, need to give up eating junk food Of course it's not going to happen

What is a horse carrot