+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yeh once i had this woman in the food court start are my kids sharing a 6 pack of nuggets tsking and scoffing and shaking her head, like i was feedinging them crack and gin or something.

But we also get the same judgment from people when my almost three yr old has a dummy (he has spd and asd, he blardy needs it) whilst playing on my ipad in his pram. Id love for them to see the alternative!

No one will ever be able to win when it comes to parenting. Its just a shame that people dont know how to mind their own friggen business.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

MamaC  (05-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    People are just dumb. Different thing but an old lady told me not to pick up my screaming newborn because she apparently wasnt bothering anyone.

So... Yes... My parenting fail today according to the input of strangers was responding to a tired newborn with cuddles.

Sent from my X10i using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    We don't really eat Macca's, we are vego's so not many options for us.

DS3 has had the chips maybe twice in his life.
    If we go to a food court he loves the vegie sushi the best, either that or a spinach and ricotta roll from the bakery.

I think everything in moderation is fine though.
    Personally I think the soft drink would be more unhealthy than the burger or fries anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    omg....seriously....I had my first pregnancy craving today. At 11.30 after reading this thread at work, I NEEDED a cheeseburger. Thankfully I was able to duck out for a bit.

and OMG.....BEST thing I have eaten in ages. I could have eaten 5 of them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I gave DD (27mths) Maccas for the first time last weekend, as I was by myself on a road trip and desperate.

I gave her 3 plain nuggets with apple & water and think it's absolutely fine as a once in a while thing!

Don't feel embarrassed - I'm site there are worse things they could be eating!

(Nuggets are probably one of the better things on their kids menu as no preservatives, so they're not THAT bad!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneDoe View Post
    We have it as a treat and if it's just that a treat I don't see any problem - if it's a staple for dinner 3-4 times a week then it's an issue but what you describe is totally normal!

My kids eat subway, pizza, maccas, HJs, KFC, fish and chips etc but none of these things are regular meals - all treats!

Shock horror though my kids have the soft drink most times not water - every now and then they have choc milk but meh if they having the burger and fries the lemonade isn't that big a deal!
    I see your lemonade, and will raise you a coke! Well that's what my DD (5) has with her happy meals lol! Mother.of.the.year!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2EandR View Post
    I see your lemonade, and will raise you a coke! Well that's what my DD (5) has with her happy meals lol! Mother.of.the.year!!!
    My only issue with coke is the caffeine, I gave ds the wrong tea bags once and he was literally bouncing off the walls, so caffeine is a no go,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I rarely buy it for them. DH feeds them HJs once every 3 weeks, love sloppy bub kisses that reek of onion rings

I'll drive through if I'm in a pinch, like the other night at 5pm, dd choked on her panadol, vomitted on her cast and I had to go and get the bandage replaced. They shared a 6 nugget happy meal that night. I'd prefer just to give them peanut butter sandwiches for dinner (which i do on daycare days)

ETA: my kids LOVE sushi, so thats our take away of choice. Brown rice sushi FTW!

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    I think those chicken "wraps" are such a con though, they are basically chicken nuggets stuffed into a wrap with some mayo and a lettuce leaf. Errr... how is that healthier??
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    .....You order the seared chicken as opposed to the (fried) crispy. Slightly healthier I think!
    As others have said - get the seared wrap.

If I'm out and this is the choice (it usually is due to most HJ's and everyone else giving up on toys with their meals), my two will usually choose the seared wrap with apple (my DS usually wants lemonade, and DD will usually choose water).

I choose the seared wraps myself.

The worst thing in them is the mayo.

Most places have a more healthy choice these days. I had KFC for lunch yesterday - I had a fiery grilled wrap -grilled chicken fillet, with lettuce, tomato and mayo in a wrap (with chili). Not too bad - again - the worst thing was the mayo.

The fries at HJ's and Maccas are prob the worst things - they are thin - so there's more fat in them than in other fast food places and the salt content isn't needed by anyone.

I try to give my kids as little preservatives and additives as possible - so give coke and fanta a miss.

Yes lemonade has sugar and preservatives but it misses out on the caffeine and colours (I've been told the stuff which makes the orange colour in fanta is pretty bad for kids).

If I give my kids a choice of fast food - they usually choose subway - so they can choose their fillings.

Upon saying that - I can't remember the last time we had maccas - we always do during school holidays - as it's a treat - but don't during the week usually.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My boys (3.5yrs and 1.5yrs) have maccas occasionally. If they do, I get them a seared chicken snack wrap with no mayo, chippies and either water or choc milk if they are lucky. Ds2 only gets half a pack of chippies tho, I eat the rest hehe