+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyboys View Post
    And you know this how??

People who are vaxxed can catch it and pass it on so there is really no way of knowing where her child caught it from.
    Untrue, the carriers are always people who aren't vaccinated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not true.

Vaccinated or not you can still get whooping cough. It's just that they say vaccinated people usually get a milder case. Either way it's still VERY contagious!

DD1 (fully vaccinated) had whooping cough 3 yrs ago. Not a typical WC cough just a little tickle of a cough. Not sick at all otherwise. I took her to the Dr's quite quickly because I thought it was her asthma playing up. Dr did the test because it was going around and it was possitive.

We ALL had to have the erythromycin and the girls and I were house bound for 5 days. All 3 of the girls weren't allowed to be at school (even though only DD1 was the one that had a cough) and we needed a clearance letter for all 3 saying they had had the 5 days of anitbiotics and were now no longer contagious.

DD1 gave it to a boy sitting next to her in class. Also fully vaccinated. He ended up in hospital for a few days he was so sick. DD3 ended up with WC too but was allowed to be at school if she felt up to it as she wasn't contagious.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Alimia View Post
    Untrue, the carriers are always people who aren't vaccinated
    Refresh said her baby caught it from her vaccinated child so that would make them .................. a carrier, not sure where you get your info from

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hootenanny For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (06-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Danni- also try a teaspoon of Manuka honey ( or on some toast) , it has antibacterial properties and will help sooth her throat , hope she gets better soon

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Dannielle  (04-05-2012),Ffrenchknickers  (06-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm glad to hear it isn't whooping cough, must be a big relief.

My 2 little boys had the virus that's similar to whooping cough, and it was horrible! Thankfully they were over it pretty quickly. But then a few months later, they did catch whooping cough, it lasted for ages, and although it was bad, it wasn't as bad as the other virus.

I can definitely vouch for the megadose vitamin C, as i used that too, and could tell the nights where I had forgotten to give them a dose, they were much worse than when they'd had all their vit C, it was incredible. Also get vitC that is combined with zinc, which is really good too.

Olive leaf extract and honey are also always in our cupboard for sickies here. The OLE is amazing, but getting the kids to drink it is a task and a half

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sindrii For This Useful Post:

Dannielle  (04-05-2012),Ffrenchknickers  (06-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks,

I just tried a teaspoon of the honey because I had some. Poor thing you would think I just poisoned her! I guess I could have tried that honey drink again but done it via teaspoon or syringe as I can get her to take most medicines we have tried that way. Funny girl, honey is discusting and gross and stinks but her iron medicine when she was on it was yummy.

Yep, definately getting to the chemist to stock up and have those sorts of things on hand. I didn't want to take her out anyway because she is so sick and I didn't want to risk anyone else catching it off her anyway.