User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Positive Ovulation Test 6+ days in a row???

Hi there.

My partner and I are newly trying to concieve. I've been taking ovulation tests every day for the past 6 days, and they have ALL come back positive, could even have been positive before that as it was positive the very first day. I thought it may have been a faulty pack, so I brought a different brand, and still all coming up positive.

What could this mean? Is this normal?

I'm not taking any medication or anything.

Thankyou.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you sure they are positive? Is the test line as dark or darker than the control line? Are you able to post a pic?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, definitely, not even the same, all darker!
    I didn't think to keep them, I should probably have but I didn't expect so many positives haha. Definitely darker though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have to do ovulation tests coming up to Frozen Embryo Transfers and mine are ALWAYS positive. I hate the things. I now have blood tests instead.
    Me, 26 - PCOS Dh, 35 - Male Factor.
    6 Clomid Cycles and
    4 AI's all BFN
    ICSI Oct 2011 - Chemical Pregnancy,
    FET Nov 2011 - BFN, FET Dec 2011 - Cancelled (No ovulation), FET Jan 2012 - BFN, FET Feb 2012 - Cancelled (Thaw Fail), ICSI March 2012 - Cancelled before OPU (OHSS), ICSI May 2012 - Thaw All Cycle (OHSS), FET June 2012 - BFN, FET July 2012 - BFP! Twins Due 14/4/13

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is possible, in a normal ovulation, to have a positive OPK for several days in a row. This is because LH peaks (surges) about 12-36 hours before ovulation occurs, and then dissipates. So, you could theoretically detect this high level of LH with positive OPK's from the time it begins to the time it dissipates-- over 36 hours.

It is also possible that your body is "gearing up" to ovulate, and you have an LH surge-- and then, for some reason (such as stress, illness, travel, or random fluke), your body fails to release an egg . . . then tries, tries again ASAP with another, or overlapping, surge. If you see a positive OPK for longer than 3 consecutive days, your egg is probably just having a little trouble getting out of the starting gate. If this happens to you occasionally, it's no big deal. If it happens a lot, talk to your doctor.
    This info is all from peeonastick.com, have a look they've loads more info to help you.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheetara For This Useful Post:

Angelique89  (03-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oohhh, I hope my eggs aren't having a hard time getting through

My partner and I have only been actively trying this cycle, but we have been having unprotected intercourse for about 2 years and I've never falling pregnant, so hoping there isn't some kind of underlying issue

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you done a pregnancy test? Sometimes OPKs can detect a pregnancy.
    Or are you reading the tests properly?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't taken a pregnancy test because it's only in 6 days past the first positive ovulation test, don't i need to wait at least 10? Defs reading them properly, had my mum look at them as well and read the instructions and on forums to make sure I was reading them properly, the brands I used are 'confirm' and 'Discover' maybe it's the brands? I guess I will take a pregnancy test in a few days.

Could it be something I am eating or drinking affecting my urine and thus resulting in a false positive maybe?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do a pregnancy test, OPKs can detect the pregnancy hormone and give a positive ovulation reading as a result - you may be pregnant already.
    Another thing is perhaps the tests are ultra sensitive so will show a positive earlier. So say it measures 10mui and you surge at 25mui, you could register a positive from the moment your hormone levels are at 10mui until they drop after your surge, if you know what I mean? Where if the test measured 20mui of hormone it won't register a positive so early.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

Angelique89  (03-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok cool.

I'll take a pregnancy test in the morning. *fingers crossed* ^_^