+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Where is your desktop computer?

So, I'm considering moving our desktop into the bedroom. DD hops up everyday and gets to the keyboard and track pad no matter where I hide it. Changes my settings, takes the printer paper out and throws it everywhere etc etc. I'm wondering how many hubbers have their comps in the main bedroom? Does it make your room messy and does it cause you to sleep less? This is why I *NEED* a laptop! ;p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    We only use laptops.

I don't even have a tv in our main bedroom, let alone a computer. To me, our bedroom is our sanctuary, where we go to get away from that kind if thing.

I guess you could trial it and see how it goes in there. It's not like it's a permanent thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, I'm thinking we might trial it, I'm just so lazy that once its moved it'll be ages before it moves again! We co-sleep with DD atm, so I guess our bedroom stopped being a sanctuary months ago!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mines in the study, I'm assuming you don't have a study and it's currently in an open area?

Why not look at purchasing one of those cupboard type desks that it goes inside and you open up the doors to use it? (sorry really crappy description!)

I agree a computer in the bedroom is not a great idea!! I use my bedroom to sleep and unwind, also no TV in it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneDoe View Post
    Mines in the study, I'm assuming you don't have a study and it's currently in an open area?

Why not look at purchasing one of those cupboard type desks that it goes inside and you open up the doors to use it? (sorry really crappy description!)

I agree a computer in the bedroom is not a great idea!! I use my bedroom to sleep and unwind, also no TV in it!
    Yeah its in our sun room which is also halved with DDs playroom! We have a spare room but I don't like the thought of locking myself in there every time I do use it, since I edit a lot of photos, when I do manage to go on it, I'm on it a while.. I never thought of getting a desk like that, this is our 3rd desk for it because it literally make the IKEA desk bow in the middle until it was unusable! If only df was more of a handyman, I'd get him to make one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have the desktop in the study but it is the kids computer. One of those desks sounds the best thing as my kids still got to the computers and ripped all the keys off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's in DH's shed. He plays Battlefield on it, I use the laptop.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to duckduckgoose For This Useful Post:

Bellaxo  (03-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If we had one it would be in the study. Our kids know not to go in there unless its with us.
    We only have laptops though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When dd's computer arrives, it will be in the spare room because that room is airconditioned and quiet because it's furthest from the road. We don't have computers, tv, etc in the bedrooms here.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Bellaxo  (03-05-2012)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Ours is in the study, but when we were in a smaller place it was in the bedroom. I hated it as DP would be up all hours bashing the keys playing Fall Out

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub