+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default my 6wk olds eating habits are frustrating

my bub is 6 weeks old and is a frustrating eater. instead of having 100-150mls at a time which is a full bottle she is only having 70mls at a time then she usually falls asleep then waking an hour later hungry and doing the same thing!!
    it is so frustrating cause we are wasting formula but also it is terrible for establishing any sort of pattern with eating and sleeping
    can I do anything?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My Bub went through the same thing he would go through periods of drinking full bottles then only snacking on some. It is frustrating but bubs will do what they want to do. As long as bub is putting on weight and happy it's not a serious problem you might just have an all day snacker on your hands at this stage. Bubs continually change their eating habits just keep offering and lightly trying to wake her by stroking her face or gently blowing air on her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    maybe try making 90mls of formula and seeing how u go and increase it as time goes by... i got told that babies get ''comfortable'' when they are fully dressed and feeding therefore tend to fall asleep quickly and got told that im to undress bubs into just the nappy or just nappy and singlet and see how that goes...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My 7 week old is doing the same. I just make up the formula and put some aside for next time and heat it in a cup with hot water.

I figure she drinks what she needs and if she feeds more often it's no big deal. Their tummys aren't huge so they can only take so much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD was doing the same at that age. Turns out I was mistaking tired signs for hungry signs. So instead I just tried to resettle with rocking patting etc if that didn't work, which it usually did, I would then give a bottle and she ended up going to 4 hr feeds herself as I was feeding on demand.