+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensha View Post
    I think both man and woman should have to wear clothes when out and about. But a woman chest is more sexual then a mans but I think same rule for everyone.
    Pretty much this. I don't mind people getting their kit off while, say, at the beach or swimming. But as non-prudish as I am, I rate a man going out in public shirtless down there with those who go out without shoes!

I have no problem with boobs - in fact I rather like them (for a straight gal!) - but I know not everyone feels that way, so I don't mind the fact that women have to cover up.

That being said, I have NO problem with a woman getting a boob out to breast feed! And get annoyed when people DO mind.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MoonMoon For This Useful Post:

Jensha  (02-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    yes i wish it was legal for women to go topless in public here.

i think its a stupid law. they've done studies to find out which cultures sexualise breasts - and only 13 out of more than 100 countries actually sexualise the boob - everywhere else its more bum/thighs etc which are sexualised.

even if it was just legal to be topless at the beach. twould be nice.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gandalf For This Useful Post:

Benji  (03-05-2012),Lillynix  (03-05-2012),Witwicky  (02-05-2012)

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    I'm not sure who Sam is...but as the OP, I'll answer - I haven't personally. I'm just curious as to peoples views on this topic following a discussion I had with a friend today
    I was being a smart a$$ - Sam Witwicky lol (transformers)

In answer to the question though, I think it's a stupid rule and is only there purely because this country sexualises breasts.

As kitty said, we need to be more like European countries - they're just boobs.
    Last edited by HugsBunny; 02-05-2012 at 22:33.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (02-05-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyhugs View Post
    I was being a smart a$$ - Sam Witwicky lol
    LOL my username is after Archibald Witwicky (Sam's great-great-Grandfather)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly View Post
    Pretty much this. I don't mind people getting their kit off while, say, at the beach or swimming. But as non-prudish as I am, I rate a man going out in public shirtless down there with those who go out without shoes!

I have no problem with boobs - in fact I rather like them (for a straight gal!) - but I know not everyone feels that way, so I don't mind the fact that women have to cover up.

That being said, I have NO problem with a woman getting a boob out to breast feed! And get annoyed when people DO mind.

Totally agree I personally didn't like breastfeeding in public but take my hat off to women that do, Other than breastfeeding think there is a time and place to get your gear off, and Coles isn't one of them for males or females. It's air conditioned in there !!!!

If I took my top off in public people may run at me with pitchforks

9. The Following User Says Thank You to daysta112 For This Useful Post:

Jensha  (02-05-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hm well technically it's not my problem that someone else has sexualised my bits Plus men have body parts which have been sexualised (shoulders...biceps...), but they are allowed to prance around revealing them in public...

London - you make an interesting point regarding the nipple. There's just something incredibly rude about that brown circle and it MUST be hidden

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (02-05-2012)

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    LOL my username is after Archibald Witwicky (Sam's great-great-Grandfather)
    Do you think Archie was as obsessed with boobs as ladiesman217??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think that where it is appropriate, women shouldn't be banned from being topless.

I didn't realise you weren't allowed to be topless in australia... at outdoor pools, beaches etc? Not that I have, but where I grew up it was a tourist town and the pools, beaches, any park/grass area always had some backpacker or random locals sunbathing topless. At the learn to swim lessons held by the school at the local pools they were always spread all over the grass sunbaking topless, I guess because it was a work day and more quiet.

Maybe it's just ignored there? lol. Everyone still does it!

What are the actual laws on it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post

Some men have bigger moobs then what some woman have in the way of boobs. So should those men be made to cover up as well?
    YES! Hide the moobs!

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Must just be me, but I think women should keep their boobs private when in places where it is not appropriate (I.E. The shops etc). At a beach or somewhere of the like, fine but I think that they should be topless away from children etc.

Might sound like I am just closed minded, but I hate seeing women walking getting their tops off in public, I just feel its innaproriate. For BF purposes I dont mind but other then that, leave them covered.

But I think there are situations a man needs a shirt too, again the shops etc.

Although I will say I don't mind hot, muscley, topless tradesmen lol.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to LifeInShadesOfGrey For This Useful Post:

Jensha  (02-05-2012)