+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Feeling sick

Ok so I an writing this while waiting for dh to get home. We have been trying for 18months now. I have had all my tests and all is ok. We finally bit the bullet and dh had a semen analysis. I called the doc to get the results. He was busy so had to call me back. I got the call on my speaker phone while driving. Doc said it's not good news I think he said there was no sperm at all. I can't really remember because the adrenal kicked in and I started crying and making weird snorting/hyperventilating noises. Remember doc saying there are more tests to do and he will try everything. We have an appointment on sat thank goodness.

So now I am sitting here waiting for dh to get home so I can somehow break the news. My heart is breaking for him... I don't even know how to begin the conversation. I know I will take one look at him and burst into tears.

I am hoping there was just a prob with the test and we will do another one and realise it was just a mistake.

Sorry, I'm not really asking a question or anything I just needed to get that out before I go crazy. Really want to call my best friend but dh needs to know first (mind you I have just written it on here but no one knows us)

Wish me luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hugs for you both

DH didn't have zero sperm..but badly effect ones (96% unusable, low numbers plus bad morph)...we both shed many tears.

All i could do was be there...the rest is an emotional blur

Thanks
    Reviews
    You poor thing. That is heartbreaking news and even more heartbreaking that you have to tell your husband. We went through IVF treatment because hubby's sperm was not very good and he did feel bad about it because I had to go through the treatment mostly. I so hope you do have more tests and that they were wrong.
    But if the worst case scenario is that the results are correct then I wish you the very best in deciding how to proceed in your journey to have a family. There are definitely other options and lots of support out there but the best support you can get is from each other. My husband and I nearly tore ourselves apart going through this. My wish for you is that this brings you closer together as you go through it. Thinking of you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thinking of you. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I couldn't read and not send some hugs your way. I can't imagine having to break that news to DH. I really hope things are not as bad as they seem at the moment and Saturday brings better news for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just wanted to give you some of these It must of been really hard for you to tell your DH. I wish you all the luck in your journey for your bub..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone thank you so much for your messages! It was hard but he took it well. Yesterday went past in a fog of tears and uncertainty! By 6pm we were both exhausted. I found out that dh had been on his phone all night researching fertility and what he could do. He has spoke to some of his friends and seems to be dealing well! I am so happy about this! There was a chance he could have thrown his hands up and said it's too hard, forget it. Or he could have gone quiet and held it all in.
    We are much calmer today and looking forward to going to the doc and getting some answers tomorrow! I would image ivf is the way we will have to go, but we are both ok with this and are prepared to go down this path! Fingers crossed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, My Hubby had a test a while back and the results were pretty bad, there were sperm there but mostly duds. If this is the case, then test again and change some things if you can.

My Hubby dropped some kg's, avoided alcohol, ate much healthier, took menevit and exercised. It's a bit of an overhaul but we just got the results back from the second test (about 4 months in between) and they have come back really good. He doesn't smoke or do drugs either but I know they can affect the results heaps.

Hopefully, this is the same for you guys and he can make some changes to improve things.

Good Luck!