+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    Any opinions that condemn the Catholic church wouldn't baffle you at all obviously as that seems to comply with your primary goal when entering these threads.
    Ooh! A passive aggressive !!! I'd heard of this mythical creature but hadn't seen it used before!! My day is complete!!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GluttonForPunishment For This Useful Post:

Bellaxo  (03-05-2012),Chocolate All Gone Now  (03-05-2012),delirium  (03-05-2012),Elijahs Mum  (03-05-2012),FiveInTheBed  (03-05-2012),mrsdj1234  (03-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GluttonForPunishment View Post
    Ooh! A passive aggressive !!! I'd heard of this mythical creature but hadn't seen it used before!! My day is complete!!
    lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What about doctors and/or psychiatrists...lawyers??

They are well respected part of the community and deal with very personal information ~ should they not be allowed to marry either?..you know, so a dirty gossiping wife doesn't get involved.

..or so that they aren't 'distracted' by a family.
    Last edited by FiveInTheBed; 03-05-2012 at 16:19.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (03-05-2012),SpecialPatrolGroup  (03-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    In theory , a priest is just a human being, no wonder they are messed up ( generalizing I know ) but having that much responsibility , dealing with everyone else's issues, and then having to go home alone with no support , and if they did have any sexual desires the church obviously would be against them, that's a huge responsibility for a man don't you think?

I know at least i feel better knowing my Rabbi ( who by the way is not "clouded" by his wife?) can go home to his wife and his kids and experience the life, love and support G-d intended us all to have

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

SpecialPatrolGroup  (03-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Doesnt, and wouldn't bother me in the slightest if they married.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm not here to pass judgement upon anyone's spirituality and commitment to their vocation nor to put down the wonderful work of any pastors or Rabbis of other christian religions. However I was asked a question so answered straight.
    Is the work of non-christian spiritual leaders not wonderful?
    Strictly speaking I think that you did pass judgement on others spirituality when you suggested that a person with a spouse can not be as devout as one without. The 'distractions' that are family to you may embody all that is good and true of a persons faith.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Bellaxo  (03-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    Is the work of non-christian spiritual leaders not wonderful?
    Strictly speaking I think that you did pass judgement on others spirituality when you suggested that a person with a spouse can not be as devout as one without. The 'distractions' that are family to you may embody all that is good and true of a persons faith.
    The work of ANYONE doing good to help their fellow people is great. I mentioned other Christian denominations in response to a statement made earlier regarding Rabbis and Anglican ministers . Try to keep up.

Secondly, yes I did pass judgement. I said, "I am not here to pass judgement..." meaning, my purpose to get on this thread and comment is not to speak ill of anyone else but to speak on the side of celibacy within the catholic priesthood which I have very high regard for.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Try to keep up.
    I made the statement. Keep up.
    Last edited by SpecialPatrolGroup; 03-05-2012 at 20:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    I made the statement. Keep up.
    If u made the original statement it goes to show that ur point is quite irrelevant! This wasn't about making statements about whether or not non Christians can be good people! lol
    Last edited by brownsugar; 03-05-2012 at 20:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I don't really care. But if they're going to let people who haven't been able to marry for a while be allowed to marry... I can think of a much better group of people who deserve that right.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

jacobsmamma  (07-05-2012)