+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bike or tricycle?

DD1's third birthday is coming up. I was thinking of getting her something she can ride on. Is a tricycle even worth it? Will she grow out of it too quickly? Should I just get her a kid's bike with training wheels, or will she not even be able to use that for a long while?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'd go with a small bike with training wheels as a 3 year old I think she will outgrow a trike too fast, unless you get a real bargain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definetly a bike with training wheels. I got my son one with the handle on the back so I can push him to school with his brother riding his own bike too. He learnt in less than a week how to steer, peddle and brake. He rides around our carport by himself but not outside of the yard I always am holding on to the handle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    definately a bike with training wheels or a stable bike. my dd has all 3 and the trike she only rode as a little one until she wanted to start peddling. she got a $50 bike from kmart and its awesome we take her to the park every weekend and she has a great time riding her bike around the path she got the bike for her 3rd birthday too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bike with training wheels! We had a trike for DD and she grew out of it si quickly. Whereas her bike will last a fair while