+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well we have progress! Baby is almost head down - head is nowhere near engaged and bum is a little further left than it should be. It's not transverse but not cepahlic either - kinda halfway between (on the diagonal). I texted my middie this morning letting her know how anxious and upset I was getting and she came over a couple of hours later to check and also have a bit of a chat. I'm under strict instructions to not do anymore moxibustion or breech tilts and to stop poking and prodding the poor baby's head (I've been doing it almost obsessively).

So while it's not 100%, it's a damn sight better than being breech. it stays that way and continues to keep edging around into a better position. I'm bouncing on a swiss ball as I type and am about to go for a walk with DS to keep my pelvis moving.

Thanks so much for the support everyone - I'm prone to having meltdowns and really needed a space to just let out how distressed I was feeling. It helped enormously and I'm going to try and remain completely positive about this VBAC

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (04-05-2012),Mod-Uniquey  (07-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thats fabulous news!! the baby's head and upper back are the heaviest so gravity will pull it south!! can you still do pelvic tilts/rocks? I think spinning babies recommend for posterior/oblique/transverse bubs that you do those rocks for 30-40 counts and then walk for 20min to get the bubs to rotate.

oh I am so happy for you that there is progress in the right direction

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    Well we have progress! Baby is almost head down - head is nowhere near engaged and bum is a little further left than it should be. It's not transverse but not cepahlic either - kinda halfway between (on the diagonal). I texted my middie this morning letting her know how anxious and upset I was getting and she came over a couple of hours later to check and also have a bit of a chat. I'm under strict instructions to not do anymore moxibustion or breech tilts and to stop poking and prodding the poor baby's head (I've been doing it almost obsessively).

So while it's not 100%, it's a damn sight better than being breech. it stays that way and continues to keep edging around into a better position. I'm bouncing on a swiss ball as I type and am about to go for a walk with DS to keep my pelvis moving.

Thanks so much for the support everyone - I'm prone to having meltdowns and really needed a space to just let out how distressed I was feeling. It helped enormously and I'm going to try and remain completely positive about this VBAC
    Oh yay!! This had made my afternoon!! So happy for you xx

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Woohoo! This made my day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've been obsessively checking this thread hoping for some good news. So happy that there's been improvement. Sending lots of VBAC vibes your way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thats great news!

Baby wearing, co-sleeping, booby feeding mummy to one

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is fantastic news, Moxy!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woohoo! Good work bubs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't give up hope yet. I'm 37 weeks and bub keeps changing from breech every couple of days. Still have plenty of time to flip.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi. I am sorry you r having such a hard time. I sincerely hope bub turns for you. I think you should also consider going for some acupuncture, massage, hypnotherapy to help relax you and keep grounded in the last few crucial weeks of pregnancy.

I also think you should do some reading that will help get you prepared incase you do need another csection. There is a thread here about empowering csections. Also there is a book out called delivery by appointment that might help.

I think you should also see your GP and psychologist for tips to preventing getting antenatal depression as well as pigs natal depression.

More important than turning the baby is looking after your mental health.

Please try relax and know that the universe is looking after you. Have faith that everything works out the way it should.

Pm me if you need someone to chat to.