+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Im 34 weeks and its my first and he’s turning pretty much daily in the last couple of weeks! He was breech at 30 weeks, head down at 32 and breech again at 34! He hiccups all over the place so i know he’s turning all the time.
    I was sooooo upset when i found out he was breech, im so against csar and also kind of scared of breech delivery so nothing could calm me down, i did the techniques from the spinning babies and it’s possibly helped but now it’s breech again and im 34 weeks, so not sure whats going on! Just try to trust the nature! It’ll happen, only 2-3% of babies are not head down by 37 weeks and even then they’d probably turn head down by 40 weeks but people opt for c section around that time! So nature will do its thing, don’t worry!
    (i know easy to say cos i cant even think of anything else when i worry im like in my own world)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's so hard to have faith in statistics. I'm not having a good morning unfortunately. Lots of tears. Partly for this & partly unresolved issues from DSs birth.

It's awful but all I can think is someone has to be in that 4%, why not me?

Thanks
    Reviews
    im sorry you feel this way. At least you found out bub's is breech faily-ish early so u can attempt to turn it. there may still be time ...and room!
    i found out dd was breech at 40 + 5 (apparently she was head first and engaged at 38 weeks!) so i was waiting for all the labor signs!!! They booked me in for a cs the next morning. i was so unprepared and dissapointed. but i knew i couldnt do a thing about it. Nature took its course.

I was border line pnd, milk took 14days to come in. baby blues kicked in day 2 and i discharged myself on the 3rd morning. i was just beside myself and i wanted to go home.

I dont know what support to offer, just thought id share what i went thru so you know your not the only one who is going thru these feelings.

All the best

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nice piece of crumpet For This Useful Post:

Moxy  (03-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Moxy, I felt so much empathy when I read your OP. I know what it's like to desperately what a Vbac and I also know what it's like to have a c/sec and go on to have PND, so the thought of a repeat c/sec is extremely distressing.

I know a lot of people have good intentions by telling you it's possible to have a baby delivered breech in a Hospital, but I also know how hard that is to achieve or even consider that when you're given guidelines and time limits by the medical fraternity, especially when you're a Vbacer and also if the Hospital doesn't have anyone trained/comfortable in delivering a breech bub, which sadly in this day in age is quite a reality. Unfortunately breech isn't seen as a 'variation of normal' by the majority of care givers and herein lies the problem with attempting to vbac if your baby is not in a 'favourable' position.

When I was attempting my first vbac, I got the same news as you at the same weeks and like you, I became so upset and distressed as I was dreading having a repeat c/s if bub was still in the breech position. Thankfully she turned a couple of weeks later and I went on to have a vbac. I am due to have another baby next month and I am not sure that bub is head down as a scan a few weeks ago showed the bub to be frank breech, but this time I am trying to stay positive, and telling myself that it is early days (I'm 33 wks) and I still have time.

So, I wanted to give you a big and tell you your feelings are most valid, even if you do have time for baby to turn. You've been given some great advice with regards to what may help bub to turn and you've obviously been doing everything you can to facilitate this also. And that you get your much wanted vbac and your little cherub turns for you.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (03-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Spinning babies, acupuncture and ECV, all are worth a try. I've heard of so much success stories for all of them.

None worked for me, but my baby was breech for a reason and would've died if birthed naturally it turned out, though often they're just stubborn.

Worst case scenario it doesn't work, but you can say you tried everything, scheduled csections are much nicer than emergencies usually, the recovery is often better so you may have a better experience.

I have my fingers crossed bub gets acrobatic.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

TTCin2009  (03-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to add that csar doesn’t automatically mean PND loads of women with vb have PND so I don’t think it’s related, it’s more hormonal than anything. so even if you do end up with csar it’s doesn’t mean you’ll have PND, you might have a completely different experience…

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck to you, I think at 32 weeks there is still time for things to change. Be positive.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to amesv For This Useful Post:

Moxy  (03-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Missbehaving View Post
    Just wanted to add that csar doesn’t automatically mean PND loads of women with vb have PND so I don’t think it’s related, it’s more hormonal than anything. so even if you do end up with csar it’s doesn’t mean you’ll have PND, you might have a completely different experience…
    Yeah, I know. I guess if I'm completely honest with myself I'd have to admit that I never recovered from my PND with DS. And seeing how I am now with only the possibility of a repeat csar, as well as knowing my mental health, I can say with 99% certainty that it'll rear it's ugly head again (or rather, get worse than it is). I do hope you're right though. Particularly given it'd most likely be an elective rather than emergency.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Missbehaving View Post
    Of course a c/sec doesn't automatically mean PND, however if you have a predisposition to having depression or anxiety, then the thought and chances of PND occurring again can be quite *possible* and not to mention distressing to think about. It doesn't mean it will happen, however if you have suffered with bouts of depression etc in the past, then it is possible that any distressing or anxiety ridden thoughts on top of recovery and hormones could *possibly* see you go down that road again.

Like you said, if Moxy goes on to have a repeat c/s she may well have a completely different experience and have absolutely no PND afterwards, which is of course the ideal situation.

However, she is (understandably) worried and anxious at the thought of a c/s because of her experience last time and I can completely understand why she is wanting this baby to turn.

I know for me, a very big reason for me sinking into a deep depression after I had a c/s (again, this is just MY experience), is because I didn't get the 'feel good cortisone' hormones, I didn't bond with my baby and a whole host of other things. It was a text book 'elective' c/s, so as far as c/s goes, it was a great one, but not for me , so I comepletely understand Moxy's apprehension right now.

Sorry Missbehaving, I am not having a go at your post.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wippy View Post
    If I were you I would not be giving up now no matter what you are told.
    Start walking, briskly, as much as you can and try and jolt bubs head down with gravity. Get more acupuncture too, it supposed to be great.
    Also google Spinning Babies and just do it all. 32 weeks is not too late at all. Be positive!
    this

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast