+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This will be my 3rd mothers day

1st year: i got a piece of paper at 9pm from my 11yr old sister that said "sorry! Isaac loves you "

Last year: I watched my mum open all her presents, ended up making the breakfast in bed, and had a big fat cry because I felt so unloved

This year I'm taking myself to yum cha on the Sunday morning, with ds 2.5yrs and I brought myself a locket necklace and got it engraved with happy mothers day love Isaac.

The lady at the jewellers looked at me like I was a nutcase. Probably should have taken ds with me,

My mum always brought herself presents for these occasions when we were too young to do it

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Im in the same boat. I dont get anything, for any occasion and its quite upsetting. But at the same time we dont have money to spend on presents. We have enough to get by and I am thankful for that. As long as DD has all she needs I am happy.

I did get quite upset last year when it was my 25th birthday and NO ONE remembered. No one at all. Well actually my sis texted me, but apart from her no one. DP forgot, Mum forgot (and she was up helping me with DD who was born a week before), went to nans and she forgot, dad forgot (that hurt the most as he always rings me every birthday first thing in the morning to sing me happy birthday).

I honestly wanted to cry, I didnt say anything for a few hours to see if people would remember but yeah, I was forgotten by 99% of people and this happened on my 18th and my 21st but for those I was living in the bush with no fam around and had no one as stupid EXH was too busy shagging his s&^@s to care.

So yeah, I know how you feel there chicken.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LifeInShadesOfGrey For This Useful Post:

BorrisWombatWife  (13-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's my first mothers day and DH decides to still go to golf!

Thanks!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aww, cuddles that sucks.
    I'm really lucky, i'm a single mum and last year was my first ever mothers day. My wonderful parents went out of there way to make sure it was special, brought me a pressie from P and all that.
    I say, if ur partner wont do it for you, take urself out for sone pampering. Celebrate urself for wat a wonderful mummy u are

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peanuthead For This Useful Post:

Cherry18Bloss  (13-05-2012),HugsBunny  (13-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So upset right now. Stupid dh. He acted like it was just another ordinary day today. So i told him he has to get dd & ds to give me the presents they've made at kindy/daycare and teach them how to make a fuss of me- its part of his job! So he tells dd to give me her gift (which she was beautiful about). He then acted all normal and aloof like he always is, and i asked him why he was not making an effort. Guess what he said?"you're not my mother". A$$hole.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by made2bAmummy View Post
    So upset right now. Stupid dh. He acted like it was just another ordinary day today. So i told him he has to get dd & ds to give me the presents they've made at kindy/daycare and teach them how to make a fuss of me- its part of his job! So he tells dd to give me her gift (which she was beautiful about). He then acted all normal and aloof like he always is, and i asked him why he was not making an effort. Guess what he said?"you're not my mother". A$$hole.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

made2bAmummy  (13-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by made2bAmummy View Post
    Guess what he said?"you're not my mother". A$$hole.
    mine said that last night when I pointed out he was supposed to make a bit of a big deal cause DD is too young to

I hope there aren't too many disappointed new and even not new mummies out there.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs E For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    That sux to all those dp and dh not acknowledging mothers day! But I agree with PP spoil urselves get a block of chocolate and have a bubble bath! Hire out a chick flick! Tell ur dh or dp to order takeout for tea my mum was a single mum and she used to buy herself presents too!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cherry18Bloss For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm actually feeling quite sad reading these and wish I could share my DH around so everyone could have a lovely mother's day :-(

GBH everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What do they expect on fathers day?