+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Mothers day

Last yr DP completely forgot mothers day. He realised half way thro the day. Lucky I got his mum her card but I went with out. I always go without. Birthdays and Christmas to. I always always always get him something for these special days. Is it wrong for me to be worried or upset that I prob won't get even a card for mothers day? My babies are way to young to do it them selves.... Iv been saying things like don't forget to get ur mum a card for mothers day and stuff... I norm don't mind but it would be nice ya no

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have you tried telling him directly? Ie "it's mothers day on Sunday and I'd really love it if you could make it a bit special for me this year. I don't mind that you forgot last year, but I've been thinking about it and it would really mean a lot to me if we could make these kind of days special."

Totally not ok that he hasn't made the effort on his own, but DH gets very busy with work and sometimes needs a reminder too, hence thinking the direct approach might help xx

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CluckySC For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (02-05-2012),KillerHeels  (02-05-2012)

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yea iv tried that before for my birthday which is a few months after mothers day but it still didn't work DP works weird hours sometimes has huge days sometimes not, like today his already on his way home

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have had 2 mothers days, this will be my 3rd.
    First mothers day ever, I got nothing, my DH didn't see the big deal, until I locked myself away for the day. He ended up buying me flowers in apology the next day.
    Last year, I got flowers, 2 days before Mothers day.
    This year, will be the first year my little DS1 is giving me something he made from Daycare, which I am really excited about.
    My DH keeps asking me what I would like for Mothers Day, if I don't give him anything to go off, I probably will get flowers again this year. lol.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to White Mage For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (02-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    yeah I'd just mention it- oh what shall we do on Sunday for mothers day etc ?
    hope you have a lovely mothers day <3

8. The Following User Says Thank You to EmPowering For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (02-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Is mothers Day this Sunday?

ETA: looked it up, pretty sure it's next Sunday.
    Last edited by Benji; 02-05-2012 at 14:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yea I can't wait for the daycare stuff either, but would still be nice for DP to put some effort in once an a while. Yea I might ask him that

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Its sunday the 13th according to google.

I get breaky in bed. And something ds buys from the mothers day stall at school.

If i want more for any occasion, then i say "hope my pressie is awesome "

Otherwise dh plays all clueless "i didnt know if ud get annoyed if i spent money we dont really have, etc, blah blah"

Ill be stoked with going out to lunch or something this year.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (02-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    yeah not this Sunday bur next always second Sunday in may!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EmPowering For This Useful Post:

Benji  (02-05-2012),Bonkers  (02-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH never does anything either Which upsets me a little as I always go all out for his bday, christmas, fathers day etc.

I got the most adorable little hand painted love heart from my DD last year that she made at daycare, it's framed on the wall at home, I love it

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (02-05-2012)