+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Removal of wildlife

Over the past 4 days i have had a possum live on the little ledge of my front window. It wont go far away at all and its sleeping there right now.

Who could i call so they can remove it and will it cost anything? I dont know if its injured or anything as i have never had them live where it currently is and the tree its living in will actually be removed next week when i get my house fixed up.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Google wild life rescue in ur area. It shouldn't cost anything. I had to get someone to come get a baby bird from my house. It fell from somewhere and I couldn't find the nest it didn't cost me anything

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    if it's the same bloody possum that jumped on the window and scared the bejesus out of me get rid of It haha !

bur seriously google Brisbane wildlife rescue

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Will google shortly and give whiever a call either when i get home or tomorrow after work.

Haha em, dunno if it is but it scared the crap out of me the other night as it sounded like someone was outside my house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wires?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Is it a protected place where it's sleeping?Is it just there during the day? It might just relocate in time? It's weird if it is sleeping in an exposed space, as I have seen crows giving exposed possums a hard time. they try to make them fall so they can eat them.

We have a couple, and one sleeps in the space under our verandah floorboards, if that makes sense. You can see it when you stand at the side of the house and look up, but it's protected. Before I cat meshed the garage, it also used to sleep on a shelf in the garage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Anyone from local wild life parks, RSPCA or Native Animal Trustfund should be able to come and get it for you, no charge.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Id say wires too?
    Or a local wildlife rescue place?

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    what state/territory do you live in?
    in western australia we have wildcare, a 24 hr hotline. call your local vet and they will give you a number.

the fact that he is visible during daylight and sleeping in an unprotected area means there is something wrong. he could be sick, injured or have been displaced from his territory by other possums or animals.

he needs to be assessed and relocated for release. (i do wildlife care, have actually just spent the day building a possum enclosure on our property!!!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by halloweendee View Post
    what state/territory do you live in?
    in western australia we have wildcare, a 24 hr hotline. call your local vet and they will give you a number.

the fact that he is visible during daylight and sleeping in an unprotected area means there is something wrong. he could be sick, injured or have been displaced from his territory by other possums or animals.

he needs to be assessed and relocated for release. (i do wildlife care, have actually just spent the day building a possum enclosure on our property!!!)
    I am in brisbane so qld. He is only visible from my window inside the house. I have googled some places but only coming up with places that charge for removal. I dont mind him being here but the tree will be removed next week and i am worried about being able to see it so it being sick.