+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Laser Hair Removal??

Hi ladies,
    I have been thinking for a while now to get a full brazilian laser hair removal. Waxing is just to painful and I've been doing it for years and def not getting better! (whereas my legs for example barely have growth left after years of waxing)
    Anyway, I am completely confused. Apparently there are at least 2 different kinds of hair removal with laser?? Also, as I understand it is NOT permanent?? Is it worth it then? How often do I still have to go? There are always so many vouchers and specials around...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There is laser and there is IPL (intensed pulse light or something like that). I think IPL is the "newer" technology and is considered better. I've had the difference explained to me a couple of times but I can never remember..!

It is pretty much permanent, but it takes a lot of goes to get rid of every single hair. I had my bikini line done about 8 times and my underarms done about 6 times and there is still a little bit of hair there, although it is much sparser, much finer and I don't get stubble when I shave it. Basically I can go a couple of weeks without shaving under my arms and you would only notice if you looked closely.

I had my legs done once a couple of years ago, and got such a terrible reaction I never did that area again, but even after that one treatment they are still better, again if I don't shave for a while I don't look like a gorilla, lol.

IMO it's definitely worth it, particularly if you get a good deal with a voucher. I had mine done 6-8 years ago when it was way more expensive and before those voucher deals existed and it cost me thousands! Still worth it though. Just make sure you read the fine print on the voucher before buying it - all the deals are different and have different catches.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

Nicky2006  (02-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had IPL done on my bikini line...about 8 or 9 times all up. I wouldn't consider myself to be extremely hairy but when she said I'd still need at least 10 more treatments after my voucher ran out I stopped going. I would like to be hair free, and it has thinned it, but they say it should only take 6-8 treatments so to be needing close to 20 turned me right off. I don't think she was lying either....there is enough hair left for me to be convinced that she was being honest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do laser and IPL treatments. Laser is better, it's more exact and stronger but more expensive. IPL is cheaper but not as exact but still very effective. You usually need more treatments with IPL than laser. How many treatments you need depends on your skin colour and hair colour. The lighter your skin and darker your hair the better. It permanently kills the hair you have (but only the ones that are in the growing stage at that time, which is why you need a course, you're treating different hairs each time) but you can get other hairs start growing over time so maint treatments are recommended, some people only need 1 maint treatment a year while others may need them more often. Both treatments are usually very effective if the person operating the machines knows what they're doing. Always have a consultation before starting a course of treatments and talk to the person who will be treating you, and ask them lots of questions. I've heard of many people who were injured/burned by inexperienced therapist operating IPL machines. You need to do a course to operate a laser (in QLD anyways) but anyone can operate an IPL machine... Hope I was of some help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subscribing

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am currently having laser, apparently it's one of the newest machines. I am amazed by the results and couldn't be happier. I just had my fifth out of my sixth treatment on my underarms and Brazilian. I wont need anymore treatments. Haven't had any growth underarm since the third treatment, and have about 10 very fine hairs on Brazilian. I was so happy I started my legs and upper lip too and am halfway out of my 6 treatment package. I paid $1200 for 6 leg treatments, $600 for 6 underarm&brazilian treatments and $120 for upper lip.