+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just to clarify... I don't count leaving bub with daddy while I'm in the house as leaving them... That would be hours old. I slept post birth while daddy had cuddles. Daddy stays up in the night if bub won't settle while I go back to bed. I classify "leaving" bub as being further than 5 minutes away and I won't do that until they will confidently take the bottle which with my boys doesn't tend to be til after about 8 months. I'd hate my baby to be screaming for a feed and poor df would be helpless. I just don't think it's necessary...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mmy2b For This Useful Post:

CluckySC  (04-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Like only a few days. No big deal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The first time I really left them alone for more than an hour or 2 was when she was almost 12 months ! Her Nanna, who usually looks after her on Friday's was interstate & DH said he wanted to look after her for the day rather than putting her in DC.

Mind you, I'd only been back at work for 2 months at that stage so had no real reason to leave her home with DH all day. I'm not one to go out much at night and when I do go out, it's often with the 2 of them or our whole group of friends.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For 2 hours at 5 days old so I could go and get my stitches out (early discharge for c-section)! Pretty much for both of them DH was looking after them for periods of time from1 week onwards

Thanks
    Reviews
    Forgot to mention that I BF both kids for 12 months + as well, I either just left EBM or went in between their feed times!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I first left bub for small periods (60 mins or less to go for a walk) at about 2 weeks. Hubby was more than capable of looking after bub, he had to help a lot anyway as I had a csec. Bath time was daddy bubby time.

At about 4 weeks I started expressing enough BM for 1 bottle per day in the evening (so daddy could bond with bubba). At about 5 weeks I went out for a dinner with the girls and daddy
    Babysat (I was gone for about 3 hours).

From about 6 weeks hubby would take bubba for an afternoon on the weekends while I went to the gym/coffee/hairdresser etc.

I wanted hubby to be involved early on for a few reasons. Primarily to help with bonding between him and bubba. Also, I knew I'd need a break every now and then and I wanted hubby to be fully capable. Friends of ours told a story of how the dad looked after DS alone one day, DS cracked up and didn't know what to do which affected the dads confidence and willingness to look after bub alone. I didn't want to be like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I actually had to look this up in my 'milestones' document I've been keeping since DD was born... She was 6 weeks old. I went to the pub with my bestie (didn't drink as I was BFing) and lasted 3 hours before I was dying to get back to the baby, not to mention my boobs were about to explode lol. She and DH were fine, but he's always been super hands-on

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Lol... I get so annoyed when guys are like 'nah I can't, I'm babysitting',
    'babysitting who?'
    'my kids'
    That's not babysitting!!!!
    Lol. So true.

Otherwise I'm baby sitting right now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    my husband is capable and loving.

ds was 8 months
    dd was 10 months
    dd2 was 8 weeks!

there is no right or wrong just what works with your family.

i have just come back from 10 days away in thailand while dh and kids stayed here,