+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i left ds with dh at 3 weeks for the first time... only for about an hour as i was breastfeeding on demand. have often left him with dh but never for more than 4 or 5 hours. he's 13 months now. never left him with anyone other than dh though only my mum for 2 hours

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD7 was born in the wee hours of a Friday morning. It would've been about five hours later that I left her (asleep) with her father and sisters whilst I drove DD1 to school (an hour round trip).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am more terrified with babies then my husband is, so he was/is involved from birth. He did the bathing class, changed all nappies when we were at hospital. He's alot better with babies+children then me. So till now I often leave them with him. The last time was up to 8 days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'm going to try to leave her in a couple of weeks for a couple of hours, but I don't think she will take a bottle so it may not be possible and she feeds so irregularly I can't go out anywhere without her knowing she might need a feed at any moment.

So may be a while still.

Jasper I didn't really leave for the same reason until about 7 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    With XDP I tried to leave DS with him for very short bursts so I could nap from a few weeks (seriously, that boy NEVER slept unless I was holding him upright) but he wanted nothing to do with us.

DP I have left DS with since age 3 yo (when we moved in) and would have no reluctance at all leaving him with a newborn.

In My Stride is offline 3 babies, 2 businesses, 1 husband & a partridge in a pear tree
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We are self employed so they came to work with us (early on we worked from home) so he was hands on from Day 1, he used to read to them before they were born. I can't remember how old but it would have been days each time. I would leave some EBM and go to my appointments and try to back for feed time so I didn't mess with my supply.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I left DS with my partner when i was in hospital having a shower etc. I leave bub with partner every afternoon while i go to the gym aswell. He is 4 months. I trust my partner, and he is most definitely capable. He is a very hands on daddy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My poor DH didn't have a choice. The day after DD was born I was admitted into intensive care due to a sudden onset of toxemia. I was there for 4 days and DD had to stay with DH in the maternity ward only visiting me for feeds. Luckily he had a lot of support from our mum's.

Sent from my HTC Desire using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seconds, emergency c-section my DH was first to hold and cuddle for two hours before me .
    After that 3 weeks as soon as I could drive, I went grocery shopping... Leave him with DH all the time however for no longer than 2 hrs as I'm BF.

Guest Guest
    As soon as he was born! Dh had him after my surgery for 2 hours, he also did the very first nappy change and bath. When we got home I don't think I thought about it and I left both babies with him while I went to the shops or ran errands, He also got up to do most night feeds. We always shared everything regarding the babies and I never had to do it all on my own.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast