+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    At birth! i was too groggy after cs to bath her or go with her for the weigh in/foot blood test. DH got straight into it and has always been very hands on with dd.
    She is a daddy's girl so those two have a ball together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My dh got pnd so it was alot harder for me to leave him. At all.
    It was 5 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD was 4 months old when I went out for half an hour. Dp regularly has DD while I sleep/shower etc but I have no desire to be away from her so I won't be leaving her anywhere in the near future. In regards to the person who started the other thread, I don't think her situation is unusual at all. Especially if demand breastfeeding. I know very few people who would leave a 7 month old for hours at time while they are still bf regularly.

Fair enough partners need time with their babies, they've got years of childhood. Infants who are bf need their mothers and I really hope this thread doesn't offend the person from the other thread.

Baby wearing, co-sleeping, booby feeding mummy to one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Very early on. I just left EBM. My partner is very capable with a baby and I will do the same with this baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I left DS with DH the first day I got home so I could go buy a few things for bub... I don't think that's anything big or unusual though because, well... It's his dad.
    We had DS sleep at his grandparents place when he was 4 months old for DH's birthday drinks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    First time would have been in Hospital when showering. It has never even been a concern for me or DH. In fact I dont even think it has crossed my mind "that Im leaving DS alone with DH".

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was never a pivotal moment for us, DH was just as hands on as me aside from breastfeeding. I've never really understood the concept of how this would even be a topic of conversation (no offence OP, I mean in general terms, not having a dig at you). DH is just as much a parent to our child/ren as I am. No-one ever asks about how soon the mother was left alone with the child. It saddens me to think that men like DH aren't the norm (ie hands on and as involved with their children as possible). I have never had issues with DH having DS alone - never once doubted his ability, knowledge or value as a parent to our child.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

Raising Leprechauns  (03-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't really remember, was probably from about day 2 or 3.. I was so scared of her, it was such a relief to have him take over

Savingfishfromdrowning is offline If you can't change your fate, change your attitude
    Thanks
    Reviews
    DD was less than 24 hours old when she was transferred to SCN. I didn't want to leave her there so DH stayed with her so I could go and rest.

futureherder is offline Child led parent here...save me :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    DD was born Tuesday, I left her with DP the following sunday for 4 hours. After that not until she was a few months old. I went shopping for 2 hours. Both times went really well. After he went back to work and she had gotten use to me and was older it was a nightmare. I left her for 4 hours to watch a movie and have lunch, she was 6 months old and she cried the entire time M My parents watched her when she was 4 months old and she cried the entire time

It feels natural for me to leave DD and any future chlildren with DP whenever as long as they are feed, next time might be different because I am hoping not to introduce bottles until breast feeding is established.