+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just an additional thought - I think in our case, leaving DD with DH early on meant that I learnt to take a step back and let go a bit. Because I spent so much time with DD I found it quite hard to let DH do things his way (within reason - as long as DD's cues were followed and needs met) rather than looking over his shoulder all the time telling him how it *should* be done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Straight away. I told him that the second the baby was out that he was to follow him/her and not leave baby alone. Forget about me lol I'll be fine. So with our first I passed out in the shower after giving birth and so had a few people with me trying to get me good again and he was with our DD. He took her for the first five hours of her life while I slept - so exhausted.

When we were home not much as I BF and didn't really go anywhere on my own. When they were older he watched them if I got my hair cut or slept or went to a friends place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Probably not until he was about 9-10 months old but not because I didnt want to... because HE didnt want to and wasnt interested.

He did bath DS first in hospital but never again after that. Never changed a nappy. Only fed him if i asked/nagged. If i needed to do something with out baby, my first call was my mum, then his mum.

When he did look after him at 9-10months it was only because i had to work, daycare mum was on holidays, my mum worked, and his mum was away... otherwise he wouldnt have.

I think i have left DS with my 18 year old brother at about 6 months (he begged me to leave him actually) and my dad also around that age.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    With DD she was 8ish weeks for about an hour while I got my hair cut/colored I don't leave them unless I have too and it's a bit hard to hold a baby while getting your hair done! I've ducked down the road to do some shopping a few times but it's only ever for an hour-hour and a half at most. I won't leave her for longer than that until she is eating whole meals plus she is really a breeze so I don't feel the need to leave her for longer than that

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did the same as most people. I left DS for short periods from very early on. However the first time I left for any significant time (the whole weekend) was when DS was 17 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    From the beginning, whilst I showered in hospital etc. Once home the first time he was at about 10 days old when he dropped my Dad at the airport. Then probably 1-2 a week whilst I ducked to the shops, got my hair done, or whatever it was.

DH has always done bathtime.. like a pp said DH went away for work when DS was about 3 months old and I was left to bath the baby! DS almost went a night without a bath I was that scared lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Never, he was incapable and never helped which is why he is my ex. My now DF used to pick them up from my Mums while I was at work and put them to bed for me if I was staying at his house.
    I think we'd been together for about 4 or 5 months.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    About 30 mins after he was born! I had an emergency c-section so DP had him while I was in recovery. Then after that, at about 1 week old we all went to a shopping centre and I went dress shopping while DP wandered around with DS, so if he needed a feed I was only a phone call away. When he was about 4 weeks, my mum used to come and take him out for walks so DP and i could nap, or go for a coffee together. Again, she was only ever a few minutes away so it was fine. First full day was when i went back to work when he was 12 months, and first weekend away soon after that.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Right from the start. He knew as much about being a parent as I did, and loved them just the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think some people need to realize that just because a mum may choose not to leave the baby with the partner for 5/6/7 months does not mean the father is any less capable then a father who gets left alone with the baby instantly. My DH is the most capable and amazing father but I still did not leave him alone with DD till 6 months. They had plenty of alone time while I slept, showered, read a book etc but I was still in the house. And definitely not hovering over his shoulder! It was my own issues stopping me from going out and the fact I need DH to drive me places! The first night home I said to him 'I'm going to bed only wake me for her feedings' as I trusted him completely but didn't need to leave the house to prove that.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Just*Ace For This Useful Post:

mmy2b  (02-05-2012)