+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Texta on clothing help !

So I bought new school polos for the girls last week as the had photos on. Anyway dd1 has somehow got green texta all over it and she had hidden it under her mattress as she knew she would be in. Trouble anyway, how do I wash green texta off a yellow polo shirt? uploadfromtaptalk1335913749562.jpg
    Sent from my HTC Legend using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If they're washable textas it might just wash out in a normal wash so try that first. If not maybe try soaking overnight in napi san. If all else fails maybe a product like run away, for getting colour runs out of clothes, would be worth a shot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks bada, not sure if the texta was washable or not, was worried if I did a normal wash it may set the stain in more ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think it's hot water that sets stains. Last week I had one of DD's fluorescent yellow textas go all over her pale pink vintage hand made quilt, I was freakng out but just put it through a cold wash and it was fine. Good luck. It was a crayola washable texta in our case though, thankfully!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    glad it came out for you, well normal cold wash did nothing so it is sitting in a bucket of napisan now till morning, hoping it will come out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hairspray!!!!

It really, really works.

Spray it on the texta stain. Let it sit for a few minutes. Wash as normal.

If you think it may be stubborn soak in napisan after spraying with hairspray then wash.

Works for ball point pen on clothes, too

7. The Following User Says Thank You to teenie For This Useful Post:

roz2288  (02-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks teenie will remember that for next time as only just saw your reply. Well surprisingly the napisan did not much over night. I resorted to scrubbing the area with cheap Dishwashing liquid and pine o clean bench spray, and chucked it through the wash, worked like a treat and looks like new again thank goodness :thumbup:
    Thanks again for your help ladies