+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default GP Recommendation in Hills District

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I couldn't see a section for Hills District. Not sure you could really call it "the west" but anyway.

DH & I are moving to Baulkham Hills in a couple of weeks, from years of living around the Inner West. I am pregnant with our first child, and would really like to find a good GP in the area pretty quickly.

Our current doctor is part of a medical practice in Summer Hill and there are several doctors working there. Like a medical centre but not really, as it's not bulk billing and there seems to be much more responsibility, ownership and continuity of care. But the advantage is that if you need to see someone and your usual doctor isn't available, you can get in with someone anyway. And they're open after work and on Saturdays (for a little while anyway). They also have a couple of nurses there, and a pathology place right next door so it's quite holistic.

Would love to find something similar near our new home. Not lookng for a bulk-billing medical centre - I'm looking for a family doctor or practice team. Our new place is just off Windsor Rd, in the little pocket just south of the M2, between Northmead & Winston Hills, basically. So those two suburbs are good, as well as the lower part of Baulkham Hills. But willing to go a little bit further for a great place. Please help, Hills people!

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is an excellent Women's Health Clinic in Castle Hill, Hills Womens Health Practice, 170a Old Northern Rd. I see Dr Barrie but I hear the others are good too. Quickest, most painless pap smear EVER!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks becandbub! Sounds good. This might be a stupid question, but as they are a "womens" health clinic, does that mean they generally only treat women?

Would be nice to find somewhere we can all go. i.e. myself, DH and the future kids. Does your hubby go there as well?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmm... Women & kidlets I believe. There is also Crestwood Family Practise where DP goes. He sees Dr Futcher, who I also saw as a child!! They are in Norwest, on Lexington Dr. My whole family (brothers + wives & my folks) all go there & swear by them. My mum sees a lady doctor there, Dr Paula Buckley & likes her, Mum used to see Dr Barrie there but she left & I found her @ the Castle Hill place some years later!!
    Last edited by becandabub; 02-05-2012 at 09:21.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to becandabub For This Useful Post:

peoniesarepretty  (02-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dr Nigel Grebert castle hill medical centre ph 96345000
    The practice isn't bulk billing but he does for chn I think.... His great he was my dr before I headed up the coast.... There's also Donna burgess there who's great for female stuff...
    Good luck

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Waitingfordaisy For This Useful Post:

peoniesarepretty  (02-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is another doctor at the Crestwod Medical Centre called Lyndal... something, sorry I can't remember her last name but she is great. There is also Bella Vista Medical Centre, Dr Nicola Barker, she is great, young very caring, genuine, takes her time etc. They bulk bill there and there is a pathology linked to the clinic. I have been told that if you can't get into Dr Barker that the other doctors there are great too.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default GP Recommendation in Hills District

Thanks. I actually did need a dr the other day & went to Crestwood. I saw a very nice dr called Sarah Barrard - was happy with her & the centre.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Waitingfordaisy View Post
    Dr Nigel Grebert castle hill medical centre ph 96345000
    The practice isn't bulk billing but he does for chn I think.... His great he was my dr before I headed up the coast.... There's also Donna burgess there who's great for female stuff...
    Good luck
    Yep I see dr Grebert too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maddyangel View Post
    There is another doctor at the Crestwod Medical Centre called Lyndal... something, sorry I can't remember her last name but she is great. There is also Bella Vista Medical Centre, Dr Nicola Barker, she is great, young very caring, genuine, takes her time etc. They bulk bill there and there is a pathology linked to the clinic. I have been told that if you can't get into Dr Barker that the other doctors there are great too.
    Lyndal Cooper - she's great! Dr Buckley is good with kids but a friend had a bad experience with her for PND issues. Dr Futcher and Dr Barrand also great, and the current registrar Dr Frost is lovely. I've been seeing the Drs there most of my life!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just realised it's an old thread - oops!!