+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Does anyone know where I can get white choc truffe balls?

Hi all,

So Im making a coconut cheesecake for mothers day, but the recipe calls for coconut coated white choc truffle balls.

Ive never noticed these, and was wondering if any of you lovely ladies would know where I could find some.

I havent noticed them around at woolies or the like, the only ones I can think of are the white ferrero ones, but Im sure they are not the ones for this recipe.

Pls help, otherwise I have to find a new recipe and I soooo love cheeecake and coconut!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Can you just make the truffles yourself?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Maybe from an actually chocolate shop? I think the one in Brisbane city sells them

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks guys, I just thought that it might have been easy and they would be at coles or woolies.

If no one else has seen them around, than I guess I might just have to make them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    What about these

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confetteria_Raffaello#_

They are coconut covered white Ballish thingys?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleven Eleven For This Useful Post:

SassyMummy  (09-05-2012),SpiritofaWarrior  (09-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    David Jones usually have them in their chocolate counters where you can hand pick them and buy them individually.

Failing that you could 'cheat' and buy some white chocolate Lindt balls, roll them in some melted chocolate and then roll in coconut.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

SpiritofaWarrior  (09-05-2012)

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I think Uniquey's idea is a good one if you can't find anything else.

I'm intrigued btw.
    Care to share the recipe, it sounds wonderful!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Uniquey View Post
    Failing that you could 'cheat' and buy some white chocolate Lindt balls, roll them in some melted chocolate and then roll in coconut.
    Awesome idea!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Raffaelo's or the Lindt balls would do the trick as has been mentioned but if you want to make them yourself, they're incredibly easy..

Whack a packet (or two depending and how many you need) of cream cheese in a blender with a packet (or two) of white chocolate Tim Tams. As an optional extra, you could add a teaspoon of alcohol like white rum. I dont bother as they are lovely without it. Blend it all up until combined, roll teaspoon fulls of mixture into ball shapes and roll in coconut. Refridgerate until you're ready to use. Easy easy peasy.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TeenyT For This Useful Post:

SpiritofaWarrior  (09-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey, thanks guys, youve saved me!! I was just googling again in desperation to find a recipe for these truffles and I found my post! I saw that there were a couple of extra posts and upon re reading my thread, i now have an answer to my white choc truffle dilemma and my cocnut cheesecake for mothers day is saved.....

Uniquey, I may just cheat,
    Though, teeny T, I might even give your recipe a go!!

Biscotti here's the recipe:

Coconut Cheesecake
    250g pkt butternut snap biscuits
    2 tablespoons cocoa powder
    125g unsalted butter, melted, cooled slightly
    1 ½ tablespoons powdered gelatine
    500g cream cheese, room temp
    ½ cup caster sugar
    270ml can coconut cream
    24 coconut-coated white chocolate truffle balls

1. Grease and line base of a 20cm round spring form pan with baking paper, extending paper beyond edge of base. Place side of pan over base; secure into position. Grease and line side of pan with paper. Process biscuits and cocoa powder in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Add butter; process to combine. Transfer to prepared pan. Using the back of a spoon; spread and firmly press biscuit mixture over bas and side of prepared pan. Cover with plastic food wrap; chill for 30 mins or until firm
    2. Sprinkle gelatine over ¼ cup of boiling water in a small heatproof jug; stir until dissolved completely. Cool.
    3. Process cream cheese and sugar in clean food processor until smooth. Add coconut cream and cooled gelatine; process to combine. Transfer to a medium bowl. Coarsely chop 8 of the truffle balls; stir into cream mixture. Pour into pan; smooth surface. Gently press remaining truffle balls around edge of pan to decorate. Cover with plastic food wrap; chill for 4 hours or until firm. Serve.