User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Amethyst Star - 5,000 postsTopaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default A slightly gross question...

Sorry if this is gross to anyone but it's almost 1am and I am still awake due to DD not being able to sleep for 3 hours.

I had the lights of in the loungroom as its easier being up then in bed trying to settle DD, I can just duck in there.

Anywho, my second toe was in soooo much pain and I thought I must have an ingrown nail. So I grab the clippers and snip my nail just a little, in the dark. And I feel liquid so I turned the light on and there was clear liquid everywhere.

WTF?!?!?!

I look and my nail and can see its not attached in a section so cut it back until its attacked properly and it was like there was a pocket of fluid under there.

What on earth would cause this?! Ive not kicked my toe or anything. I never experienced this before.

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Maybe an ingrown toenail?
    Me:39 (PCOS, blocked tubes & NK Cells) DH: 40
    Furbabies: 12

2006-2014 (11 stim cycles & 15 transfers)
    babies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you bought new shoes lately? Only thing I can think of is a friction induced blister that can build up under the toenail.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So gross... But so cool!!!

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Amethyst Star - 5,000 postsTopaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hahaha Hollygolightly. Funny Lol. So gross but so weird!! Definately not an ingrown nail as the poket was in the centre of the nail. I'm now missing about 85% of my toenail. So wrong. That might be it Relle. I havent bought new shoes but I have started walking with my sister again and weve done 5kms 3 days out of 4 plus other excersizes. I wasn't allowed to walk for almost 18 months with health issues so I wonder if the walking and my asics aren't mixing... To top it off, only checked on bub 10 mins ago, thought I would check her again to see small blood collection on her mattress and on her ear. Me freaking thinks she's bleeding from the ear and wakes up DP only to find she's obviously stuck her fiinger in on of the ridges (playing with her ears) and just scratched it. So DP got to look at my toe and I fed, changed and cleaned bubs ear. He's not happy when he has a 4:30am start. Was happy to help with bub but not so keen on seeing my toe........
    Last edited by LifeInShadesOfGrey; 02-05-2012 at 01:30. Reason: I apologise for any spelling mistakes.... I'm so tired!