User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I went last week just for a basic gender scan but they told me to increase the fluid by making sure i drink lots of water the week leading upto the scan. Also it was not necessary to have a full bladder as it depends on the fluid around the baby. I cant wait to go for a 3d/4d later in this pregnancy.

Sent from my GT-P7320T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one of DD2 at 29 weeks & the cord was in her face the entire time so couldn't really see anything. But we got a DVD of her bouncing around which was great.

I had one at 28 weeks with this bub & it was perfect could see facial features etc, well worth the money cause we also got heaps of photos, a DVD & a teddy in the package - cost $150.

I really think it depends on luck on the day, bubs position, how far you are etc, if i was going to have another baby, i would probably wait until at least 30 weeks next time. Most places are really great & will get you to try moving into different positions if they aren't getting good shots or will book you another scan for free.

Overall, i think it's worth the money
    Me & Him = DD1 & DD2 + 2 @ 6 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Little-Pink-Hen View Post
    Yes this!! My place only does them between 28-30 weeks I did dd as 30.5 weeks and her fluid wasn't enough. I have newbies on Friday at 29.5. I'm not to fussed on the clarity of pictures just gender lol
    Did you find out what you are having?
    braaaains

Thanks
    Reviews
    I paid for a double package, once at 24wks and the last visit last week at 32wks and both times were amazing. They said two weeks prior to drink plenty of water.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've just booked in to have one next week when I'll be 30 weeks and I can't wait! We were told (by two technicians but at the same scan) at 19wks that we're having a girl and we just really want to have it confirmed. We don't mind either way but now we're preparing for a girl and getting so excited and don't want to risk being disappointed. Also want to see bubs little face! I also was just told to make sure I'm extra well hydrated for the next week, especially the two days prior to the scan. Oh next Friday needs to hurry up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We are going to a place called sogi for our 19 week scan who do the 2d morphology scan and a 3d scan. It's $340 and then we get $150 back from Medicare.

They regularly do the 3d at that point so I just assumed the pics would be good as the ones on their website. Certainly hope so.

11 days to go and I will see I guess.
    Beautiful baby boy born 23/10/2012

Angel baby October 2011

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one at 31 weeks with DS1, and 32 with DS2....they were both SO worth it
    I got such amazing pictures from each...definitely, definitely worth the money.

But everyone is different. I have low fluid this time and was still able to get some amazing shots, but then there are a lot of people who can't
    DS1 - August '10
    DS2 - July '12

Just the three of us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm going to a private place for a gender scan next week, I'll be 16 weeks, I'm too impatient to wait another month to know if its a girl or a boy! Its $100 but its not a medical exam at all. We're just doing it as a bit of a treat.

They also do packages from $100 to 250 and you get glossy photos, videos etc.
    me:- 42 endo & pco & graves disease. partner:- 35 no issues
    Genea:- cycle #1-3 BFN
    RPA changed clinics Lap D&C:- cycle #4:early blast BFP Nov'12 a boy!
    baby#two :- nov #5: chem, march #6: chem may #7: BFN
    july#8: cancelled sept#9: morula BT 13-10 #10 Nov? LAST SHOT.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one done with my second, and really appreciate looking back on them and thinking "she still has the same nose", and just to check the gender 100%, at the medical center they never wanted to state out loud if it was boy/girl, incase they were wrong. I used sneekapeek.com.au in perth.