+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 3D/ 4D ultrasound

My last scan was at 19 weeks and I have been told I won't need another scan during my pregnancy. I'm 30 weeks at the moment. Has anyone decided to have an elective 3D/4D scan to get another sneak peak at bub. I'm very tempted to pay the cost and do this next week at 31 weeks. Any thoughts or advice from experience??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had one at 33 weeks, was so worth the money! I loved mine you can see a lot of facial features too, made it so excting!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes, I would have another scan. It would be great to see bub again, and they will check other important things eg to make sure the blood flow from the placenta is still going ok, the position of the placenta and bubs size in grams (always good to know if you are looking at a small bubby or a big bubby!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i would love to know how much other members have paid for them ? i would love a 3d of my bubba to be

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Those 3d/4d scans realy heavily on having a good ammount of amniotic fluid...

I had one at 32 weeks, and it was terrible, we couldnt see anything properly, and ended up with one clear picture, of his foot :/

It cost so much money too. I cried and cried. Waste of time! When or if u ring, make sure to ask how many weeks they like to do them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post

I had one at 32 weeks, and it was terrible, we couldnt see anything properly, and ended up with one clear picture, of his foot :/

It cost so much money too. I cried and cried. Waste of time! When or if u ring, make sure to ask how many weeks they like to do them.
    This and also how the bub is sitting.

I've had one with each pregnancy.

DS @ 31 weeks - great shots!
    DD @ 30 & 32 weeks - 30 weeks she was no where to be seen and they gave us another session for free (so just paid the package amount) the 32 weeks was great.
    D? @ 29 & 30 weeks - now both sessions were hard... The first we were head faced into the placenta and trying to work around that was hard. Second time we had a foot or hand in our face...
    By far the third was the most disappointing.
    But in saying that, I don't regret doing it.

We paid for the top package each time and it was $230ish for the first two an the last bub I added the massage for $290 total.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littleriv View Post
    Yes, I would have another scan. It would be great to see bub again, and they will check other important things eg to make sure the blood flow from the placenta is still going ok, the position of the placenta and bubs size in grams (always good to know if you are looking at a small bubby or a big bubby!)
    The 3d/4d are non-medical. They won't check for anything medical. Just taking beautiful shots.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post

Yes this!! My place only does them between 28-30 weeks I did dd as 30.5 weeks and her fluid wasn't enough. I have newbies on Friday at 29.5. I'm not to fussed on the clarity of pictures just gender lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes i had one at 30wks and im so glad i did because we found that the babies head was already engaged to the point you would usually see at around 37wks that explained why i had such bad pelvic pain and was carrying so low but the midwifes at my hospital wouldn't even check me out the previous week! the lady said i should go to hospital to get checked out she said she would expect this baby to be born 4-5wks early! So i called up my hospital again and the midwife was rude and told me that the lady that did my scan wouldn't know a thing as it wasn't a medical scan so i just let it it go then a week later i started to get worse pains so i went to my GP who did an internal and found my cervix was soft and something else can't remember what she said, so the doctor called the hospital and told them she was sending me they checked me and told me that it doesn't mean anything and guess and sent me home! And at 35wks6days my water broke and my son was born just like the lady said! Sorry about the long post but i think it is defiently worth a later scan!

Thanks
    Reviews
    i didnt know about the fluid having to be enough thats good to no an thanks