+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default icandy peach blossom, baby jogger city select or phil & teds promenade??

i would love to hear the pro's and con's for these prams. im going to have a 2.5 yr old toddler and a newborn and want something i can use as a single and a double.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was looking at all of these options too...

iCandy -
    - very expensive
    - AMAZING to push..so easy.
    - absolutely no access to basket with 2nd seat on.
    - from what i remember the seats were hard to get off.

promenade -
    - hard to get bubba into bottom seat.
    - seemed , ummm...kinda flimsy for a P&T's.
    - i loved the fact that the seats turned into bassinets ..no need for extra pieces.

city select -
    - ive heard great things but ive also heard its kinda hard to push.
    - easy access to basket and the baby bag can hang of the back of the pram cos the 2nd seat is on the front.

Please don't even look at the Love n care twingo...it is awful...i had mine 2 days before i had issues ...some that were known to the company...i took it back directly to the manufacturer where i was treated AWFULLY ...i demanded a full refund.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the City Select, and I haven't really used it as a double yet because I'm still pregnant with DS2, but I've had both seats/one seat and a capsule on and pushed it around.
    It's great! It is quite big, but I don't find it any longer or heavier than some of the 3 wheel prams that are out.
    The big basket is awesome, and it's easy to get to, even with two seats on. The steering is wonderful and so smooth. Even for a big pram you can turn tight corners and maneuver it really easily. And the best part is, it's narrow enough to fit through doors and aisles easily!

I haven't tried the other two prams, but I had a look at them when I was on the market. The iCandy I think is overpriced, but I know a few people who have it and really like it...and I agree that the Promenade seems a bit flimsy.
    The City Select is solid, and safe my 20 month old climbs in and out of it, and it doesn't even move.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoletta View Post
    I have the City Select, and I haven't really used it as a double yet because I'm still pregnant with DS2, but I've had both seats/one seat and a capsule on and pushed it around.
    It's great! It is quite big, but I don't find it any longer or heavier than some of the 3 wheel prams that are out.
    The big basket is awesome, and it's easy to get to, even with two seats on. The steering is wonderful and so smooth. Even for a big pram you can turn tight corners and maneuver it really easily. And the best part is, it's narrow enough to fit through doors and aisles easily!

I haven't tried the other two prams, but I had a look at them when I was on the market. The iCandy I think is overpriced, but I know a few people who have it and really like it...and I agree that the Promenade seems a bit flimsy.
    The City Select is solid, and safe my 20 month old climbs in and out of it, and it doesn't even move.
    Couldn't agree more we live our BJCS so easy to push, only think I hate is lifting it into the car and that our 2010 model has smaller seats than the 2011

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Daily baby buys is going to have the icandy pear on sale soon if its in your consideration list

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmi View Post
    Daily baby buys is going to have the icandy pear on sale soon if its in your consideration list

Yes!!! Amazing special 50% off, I have set my alarm as i'm in Wa!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaG23 View Post
    Yes!!! Amazing special 50% off, I have set my alarm as i'm in Wa!!
    I wont have the money sad cos its the pram design I was telling my sister about when we were only 3 months pregnant lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    May 10th apparently
    Attached Images

9. The Following User Says Thank You to happygirl1982 For This Useful Post:

smootch  (03-05-2012)