User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Suddon Mood Swings with PCOS?

My DH and I have been ttc for #1 for almost 12months now. We desperately want our own little bubba. Last month I was diagnosed with PCOS, and this amongst a few other things is what Doc believes is making things dificult. I have an appointment with gyno in a month.

DH and I just celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary, t was lovely, we had night away and a romantic dinner. He is so supportive, loving and the most selfless man I know, I love him more than I could say. Lately I've started having sporadic moments of getting very cranky at him, and saying realy mean things that I regret and apologise for when I finaly get around to allowing him to calm me down. Once I finaly stop harasing him, I start at myself, remembering past regrets, worrying about weight, house work, uni work and eventually the ttc issue. He always always forgives me, and makes excuses for me like 'I know your realy stressed with uni at the moment'. He also tells me he thinks I'm gorgous, reminds me that I'm doing well with my studies, and reasures me that we will have a baby one day, and that when we do, I'll be an amazing Mum. He's perfect right? So why do I get angry with him?

I've never been an angry person, I've never had depression, and in fact I've always had a very lucky life and been blessed with an amazing family, group of friends and now have the best husband ever! So what on earth is my problem? Is this a symptom of PCOS or am I just looking for an excuse as to why I can just be a b*&^ every now and then?

Sorry about the novel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

I know exactly what you mean, I have the same mood swings and I get really annoyed at DH, myself, anyone. I have found exercising helps this a bit, I think the endorphins from exercising must counteract the nasty feelings.

I think it is PCOS, I never really had these issues until I started getting a proper cycle happening. I went ages without getting many periods at all. Now that I have lost weight, taking met and vitex, my cycles are coming back to normal and these swings have been happening.

Be kind to yourself and maybe when you start feeling the bad feelings, get some space and have a walk or something.

Good Luck
    Taz (31)
    Melbourne

TTC with PCOS

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi NessieJ. Seems like you have alot on your plate with ttc and being at university! Could it be that the tensions from these things are weighing on you at the moment and causing you stress a bit like a boiling kettle.
    You have been ttc now for a year and that is a very stressful thing. I have also been ttc for a year now and the disappointments don't get easier to deal with.
    Yes I do believe the Pcos does cause mood swings and with the right combination of life stresses you can be like a bomb about to explode.
    Be kind to yourself and take some time out for yourself to chill. You have a loving and sweet husband to help you through. You are a lucky girl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi again.

Thanks for the support. I am a very lucky woman. I'm making an extra effort to try and control my outbursts. Maybe the excerise is a good idea. I do need to loose a little weight anyway, so can't hurt. Thanks again.