User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Obstetric cholestasis

I'm fearing that I have developed cholestatsis again
    For those who have had cholestatsis did you develop it a second time? When did you develop it 1st and 2nd time.
    Me 30 Him 32
    DD1. Aug 2009
    DD2 June 2012
    miracle bub never forgotten always loved, May 2011

Your going to let a plastic stick covered in urine defeat you? Buck up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shamelessly bumping
    Me 30 Him 32
    DD1. Aug 2009
    DD2 June 2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am just wondering if you mean cholecystitis?
    DH: 26 ME (PCOS): 26
    Jensen 25/09/2008 - Born Sleeping (20 weeks)
    Lachlan 11/11/10
    Charlotte 05/09/2012

2 m/c's Oct 2009 & April 2011

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Cholestasis is pretty much jaundice from excess bile production and the inability of your body to process it.

Cholecystitis is the formation of gallstones in the gallbladder and the associated pain of the body trying to pass said stones - and it's PAINFUL!! Lol.

Sorry OP, no experience with obstetric cholestasis. I hope someone here can help you.
    I'm too sexy for my Ex

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Little pink hen. I had OC with my first and am now pregnant with my second. First time I started itching around 33-34ish weeks but wasnt diagnosed until 37 weeks and induced straight away. This time i am being closely monitored esp as my lfts have been abnormal ever since dd was born. So far my ALT has risen quite a bit but all others seem ok and bile acids are still normal so just monitoring and blood tests 1-2 weekly until they change.

Have they been monitoring you closely so far? at this stage im just waiting for it to start not really hoping I wont get it this time.

I really hope things continue ok for you as I know how horrible it is. There are some really great support groups on facebook including one based in australia and the women on them are happy to share their experiences. There are also women on there who have managed to dodge it second time around so I know it does happen.

Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitysmum View Post
    Hi Little pink hen. I had OC with my first and am now pregnant with my second. First time I started itching around 33-34ish weeks but wasnt diagnosed until 37 weeks and induced straight away. This time i am being closely monitored esp as my lfts have been abnormal ever since dd was born. So far my ALT has risen quite a bit but all others seem ok and bile acids are still normal so just monitoring and blood tests 1-2 weekly until they change.

Have they been monitoring you closely so far? at this stage im just waiting for it to start not really hoping I wont get it this time.

I really hope things continue ok for you as I know how horrible it is. There are some really great support groups on facebook including one based in australia and the women on them are happy to share their experiences. There are also women on there who have managed to dodge it second time around so I know it does happen.

Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy
    Hi thanks for your reply

With dd I started itching around 30 weeks but thought it was just growing stuff. Finally when it became unbearable I started a thread on here to ask lol and everyone that posted back said it sounded like OC. I saw the OB a few days later and was sent for bile acid the next day two days later received the results it was OC a week later dd was delivered at 37 weeks

I havnt been monitored for OC this time, but have had other complications that have required frequent full blood counts. I'm 29 weeks and I started itching a few days ago. I asked my gp to check my LFTs. My liver hasnt functioned properly though for 6 years so are always slightly elevated and I monitor to see if jaundice or not
    Me 30 Him 32
    DD1. Aug 2009
    DD2 June 2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like you are doing all the right things. Itching can start before bile acids start to rise so if they come back normal make sure they keep testing them. There is also medication they can give you called URSO which will help bring your BAs back down and may help with the itching. you will also most likely have to deliver at around 37 weeks again.

Good luck