+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    ...*singing*...put a spot over here and a spot over there...

Give me an example of a job that I, as a woman couldn't do because of my biological make up - that my dp, being a man, could.

Sent from my LT15i using BubHub

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

Ana Gram  (03-05-2012),Gandalf  (02-05-2012),shelle65  (02-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    ToughLove - all I can say is you don't understand feminism, that is evident. I'm a SAHM, as are several women just in this thread. SAHM's are no more lackies than working women are money hungry. Most feminists support choice, whether it be SAH or working. The fact you were even able to get your counselling certificate and work full stop is bc of feminism.

Please do some reading before you spread these falsehoods, you are bitter about feminism and you don't even understand it's basic goals and beliefs.

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Ana Gram  (03-05-2012),Benji  (02-05-2012),Busy-Bee  (02-05-2012),Etienne  (02-05-2012),Gandalf  (02-05-2012),Guest654  (03-05-2012),headoverfeet  (02-05-2012),misskittyfantastico  (02-05-2012),shelle65  (02-05-2012),Wippy  (02-05-2012),Witwicky  (02-05-2012),WorkingClassMum  (03-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    ToughLove - all I can say is you don't understand feminism, that is evident. I'm a SAHM, as are several women just in this thread. SAHM's are no more lackies than working women are money hungry. Most feminists support choice, whether it be SAH or working. The fact you were even able to get your counselling certificate and work full stop is bc of feminism.

Please do some reading before you spread these falsehoods, you are bitter about feminism and you don't even understand it's basic goals and beliefs.
    Well said!

It was a fantastic article.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post

This, exactly, 100%.

Toughlove, I cringe when I read your anti-feminist posts. You just don't get it. Please go and research feminism some more, because you sound quite foolish sprouting such statements.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (02-05-2012),delirium  (02-05-2012),Etienne  (02-05-2012),Gandalf  (02-05-2012),shelle65  (02-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    Quote. "To be more specific, women who agitate for their own liberation are only allowed to do so once they’ve fixed all the things that make men sad, thus making them stronger and even more powerful."

Oooo, bitter bitter. In this, she's saying straight up that caring about men's mental, emotional or physical health is a direct threat to women's wellbeing.
    I really disagree with you here, and I'd have to say I find it a bit hypocritical coming from someone with "men's rights australia" in their signature.

She's not saying that at all. She's responding to some of the arguments we hear against feminism - that we shouldn't worry that women are more likely to be s3xually assaulted, paid less etc unless we first fight for men's rights.

Most people have something they are passionate about.

Arguing that feminists shouldn't argue just for women's rights is like saying the animal welfare league shouldn't exist unless they use their funding equally toward children's rights and care just as much about that.

I also find the word bitter strange coming from you. You have a real agenda.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (02-05-2012),delirium  (02-05-2012),Gandalf  (02-05-2012),shelle65  (03-05-2012),WorkingClassMum  (03-05-2012)

GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    *Adds the feminist movement to the "Do not get involved" list, along with circ, vax etc and grabs popcorn...*

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GluttonForPunishment For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (03-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    3. Stop criticizing domestic servitude! Some women are proud to look after their families.
    This one’s a misogynist favourite, especially notable for the fact it’s the only time you’ll find them advocating for women’s rights in the workplace. Specifically, a woman’s right to iron her husband’s work shirts instead of her own. Misogynists who use this argument like to wax lyrical about things like choice, pride and sacrificial love. But what they’re really defending is their belief that women belong in the home, performing dull domestic tasks for the primary benefit of everyone other than themselves (and mainly their husband). Despite the fact that these dudes wouldn’t devote even an tenth of their lives to it themselves, they’re invested in outwardly maintaining the nobility of unpaid domestic work – because ascribing false honour to drudgery is how you reinforce invisible social power.
    The thing is, women can choose those things if they want to. There’s nothing more tedious than the status quo trying to pit stay-at-homes against workforce broads. But the fact is, these people aren’t advocating for or defending a range of choices. How do I know that? Because if they were, we wouldn’t even be having this conversation.

This point seems to cop her the most flack but I think what she is trying to say is not that choosing to stay at home is awful. But that the only time some guys try to fight for womens rights is when it is thier right to stay at home. And that pitting working mums against home mums is rubbish and wrong. It should all be accepted without choice.

I personally am very thankful that I am not considered the property of my partner to do with whatever he wishes. I would not have that freedom if it weren't for feminism. I like the fact that if a man I am with beats me I have the choice to leave him without the police dragging me back. And I like the fact that if I my partner leaves me while I am pregnant I will not be pressured to give up my baby or have it taken off me under the idea that I am unable to care for it alone.

I also liked this article, I have heard all those rubbish arguements too many times.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tildy For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (03-05-2012),shelle65  (03-05-2012),WorkingClassMum  (03-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Toughlove- I really think you have missed the point

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Love the article, things I have heard all too often.

I find it sad when people cannot recognise that we live in a patriarchal world geared to cater for male, Western privilege. Especially when it comes from women.