+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How to spot a misogynist

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

Benji  (03-05-2012),Gandalf  (02-05-2012),Guest654  (03-05-2012),missie_mackxxxx  (02-05-2012),misskittyfantastico  (01-05-2012),SpecialPatrolGroup  (01-05-2012),Witwicky  (02-05-2012),WorkingClassMum  (03-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    lol that piece is right on

But I had to add another misogynist discussion point - Feminists have hurt the women's movement with their OTT opinions and actions and have ruined it for the non-hairy of the female persuasion... WRONG. Have seen this little jewel thrown around by a number of misogynists some of them women. Without the femos, women wouldn't be able to vote, use contraception or have marital rape seen as a crime. Far from ruining things, feminists have made things so much better for women of today, although of course there is still work to be done.
    Last edited by delirium; 01-05-2012 at 19:46.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (02-05-2012),misskittyfantastico  (01-05-2012),share a book  (03-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    LOve it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Love that. Totally bingoes some of the nonsense arguments I hear from time to time.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We need a clapping smilie!

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ha! Those arguments sound incredibly familiar *ahem*

Love it

Thanks
    Reviews

Yelclap Yelclap Yelclap

So true. and frustrating. and true

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh I forgot about

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oooo she's a bit bitter. Most of it is BS and has no backing up except "Well I said it's like this. So there!" The classic feminist tanty, after they can't think of anything to back their argument up.

There is quite obviously a biological difference between men and women. Denying that is pure stupidity.
    Googling a simple, non-targeted phrase such as 'sociological difference between men and women study' or 'male and female emotional difference study' gets plenty of results, from, quote, "pop science" papers like...ahhh...Harvard University.
    Yes, very unreliable, that world renowned science department

I also like how she brings the race card into it. "Would that sentence be as benign if we replaced gender with race?" Yes, actually, it would.
    Once again, do your google thing and find how many studies there are on the biological differences between African Americans, Caucasians and Asians, to name a few.
    "I'm not a racist, so I won't do any research into it. And if you look into it, and prove me wrong, you're a racist!" is a pretty weak excuse and a pathetic attempt at diversion.

Quote. "To be more specific, women who agitate for their own liberation are only allowed to do so once they’ve fixed all the things that make men sad, thus making them stronger and even more powerful."

Oooo, bitter bitter. In this, she's saying straight up that caring about men's mental, emotional or physical health is a direct threat to women's wellbeing.
    How so, Ms Ford?
    So if I, for example, donated money towards Sickle cell anemia research, that would threaten my progress in life as a Caucasian. No, it's called being caring and helping others, even if it has no effect on my life.
    I wouldn't trust her to give cpr to my son, as his survival might threaten her daughter's future.

Quote "But what they’re really defending is their belief that women belong in the home, performing dull domestic tasks for the primary benefit of everyone other than themselves"

So it's okay to say that women who stay home are slaves and mindless drones, but not okay to say that working women are money driven.
    I'm sure most SAHM don't see their jobs as being unpaid lackeys. Most of us enjoy taking care of the home, cooking healthy meals for our families, raising our children and improving the home environment.

Quote "ascribing false honour to drudgery is how you reinforce invisible social power"

I'd love to hear her defence of this statement if the example was one working lesbian and one stay at home lesbian. No no, but because there's no man involved, it's not drudgery, it's choice.
    Right.

Tell a SAHM that she's a slave and has no choice in life. Tell her that caring for her children is a sign that she's enslaved. Tell her that enjoying her SAH life is just a sign of her being an emotionally beaten idiot who can't possible make decisions about what she enjoys.
    If she was working a 9 to 5 job, sure, that would be enjoyment. But she can't possible enjoy being a SAHM, because Ms Ford doesn't enjoy it.
    Ms Ford is telling women what they should enjoy in life. Sounds oddly like....oppression, doesn't it? Strange how it isn't oppression when it involves a woman telling a woman what to do with her life.

I wouldn't be clapping about anything this sexist moron says.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ToughLove For This Useful Post:

Janesmum123  (02-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    Oooo she's a bit bitter. Most of it is BS and has no backing up except "Well I said it's like this. So there!" The classic feminist tanty, after they can't think of anything to back their argument up.

There is quite obviously a biological difference between men and women. Denying that is pure stupidity.
    Googling a simple, non-targeted phrase such as 'sociological difference between men and women study' or 'male and female emotional difference study' gets plenty of results, from, quote, "pop science" papers like...ahhh...Harvard University.
    Yes, very unreliable, that world renowned science department

I also like how she brings the race card into it. "Would that sentence be as benign if we replaced gender with race?" Yes, actually, it would.
    Once again, do your google thing and find how many studies there are on the biological differences between African Americans, Caucasians and Asians, to name a few.
    "I'm not a racist, so I won't do any research into it. And if you look into it, and prove me wrong, you're a racist!" is a pretty weak excuse and a pathetic attempt at diversion.

Quote. "To be more specific, women who agitate for their own liberation are only allowed to do so once they’ve fixed all the things that make men sad, thus making them stronger and even more powerful."

Oooo, bitter bitter. In this, she's saying straight up that caring about men's mental, emotional or physical health is a direct threat to women's wellbeing.
    How so, Ms Ford?
    So if I, for example, donated money towards Sickle cell anemia research, that would threaten my progress in life as a Caucasian. No, it's called being caring and helping others, even if it has no effect on my life.
    I wouldn't trust her to give cpr to my son, as his survival might threaten her daughter's future.

Quote "But what they’re really defending is their belief that women belong in the home, performing dull domestic tasks for the primary benefit of everyone other than themselves"

So it's okay to say that women who stay home are slaves and mindless drones, but not okay to say that working women are money driven.
    I'm sure most SAHM don't see their jobs as being unpaid lackeys. Most of us enjoy taking care of the home, cooking healthy meals for our families, raising our children and improving the home environment.

Quote "ascribing false honour to drudgery is how you reinforce invisible social power"

I'd love to hear her defence of this statement if the example was one working lesbian and one stay at home lesbian. No no, but because there's no man involved, it's not drudgery, it's choice.
    Right.

Tell a SAHM that she's a slave and has no choice in life. Tell her that caring for her children is a sign that she's enslaved. Tell her that enjoying her SAH life is just a sign of her being an emotionally beaten idiot who can't possible make decisions about what she enjoys.
    If she was working a 9 to 5 job, sure, that would be enjoyment. But she can't possible enjoy being a SAHM, because Ms Ford doesn't enjoy it.
    Ms Ford is telling women what they should enjoy in life. Sounds oddly like....oppression, doesn't it? Strange how it isn't oppression when it involves a woman telling a woman what to do with her life.

I wouldn't be clapping about anything this sexist moron says.
    You are one rad lady!!!!!!!
    I agree 100%