User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Mums and Bubs Exercise class

Hi

Just wondering whether anyone can recommend a good mums and bubs exercise class?

We were going to the free ones run by Osborne Park Hospital at Karrinyup but because bub is now 6 months old we can't go anymore

Not looking for anything too hard core like boot camp but just something to keep up a bit of fitness and tone the old stomach muscles but is fun at the same time.... Does anything like this exist??

thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure where you live, but iv just found out that "life care physio" in hillarys (near whitfords shops) does mum and bub pilaties (not sure about age limitations tho - im planning on calling up tomorrow to find out for me and dd)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tayasmummy For This Useful Post:

lifesgood30  (04-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great! We're in Warwick so I might look into that as well, thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi tayasmummy
    Just wondering, is this what you were looking at? http://www.livepilates.com.au/pilates/mums-bubs/
    I couldn't find a life care physio in Hillarys when I googled it. Hillarys is perfect and a good excuse to go to Whitfords after for a coffee haha
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey lifesgood30
    (i got you email - couldnt work out how to reply tho!)

OMG im such an idiot!!!

Yes its live pilaties! So sorry!!!

FYI "live pilaties" does baby swimming lessons and there at the kingaways shops

And also there is Nicole Weir physio - she does a baby splash and then after offers a mum water aerobic class (which is covered by private health cover if you have it)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tayasmummy For This Useful Post:

lifesgood30  (06-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh cool haha

Yeah, I have heard of the swimming lessons at Kingsway and of the other one as well. We'll prob join up with the Live Pilates I think.

Thanks for your help!! We might see you there

Thanks
    Reviews

OMG! I look like such a f**king idiot! (im soo embarrassed) Iv just put live pilaties does swimming!
    Im not really a nutcase - my lack of sleep is showing!!!!

So so so sorry if iv completely confused you!

Just to clarify
    Live pilaties - mum and bub pilaties

Life care physio - baby swimming

(lets hope i got that right this time!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    haha no all good, I knew what you meant I didn't even pick up that you'd said live pilates hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can do water based postnatal exercise classes (Baby Splash which is for Mums and Bubs) held at Whitfords State Swim through Nicole Weir Physiotherapy http://www.nicoleweirphysio.com.au/pages/splash.html. Or she holds land based exercise/gym classes that you can take baby along to http://www.nicoleweirphysio.com.au/pages/gym.html
    I did it with DS and loved it. They can go from 6 weeks up to 8 months. Bubs go in water for first 30mins and you sing songs and do little activities to help bubs with head and trunk control, then you get 30 mins break out of the water to settle bub in pram/feed bubs. Then mums get in water and exercise. It's a great workout and a good way to ease back into exercise without high intensity. Im going to go back with bub number 2.
    Last edited by HouseOfFun; 08-05-2012 at 19:39.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to HouseOfFun For This Useful Post:

lifesgood30  (09-05-2012)