We haven't started TTC yet (fingers crossed our timing will work out and let us start this month) so I'm getting in rather early here, but I'd rather be prepared with info now than scrambling to make a decision once we do get a BFP.
My question is about SJOG Subiaco and their birthing policies. (I know that private hospitals have higher intervention rates, but after a relative's recent very scary delivery, I want the option of immediate high level medical treatment). If you delivered at SJOG, I'd really appreciate your feedback about the following:
* I've already read that only one delivery room has a bath, and there are showers in the others. Will they let you use the showers regularly for labour pain relief?
* Does the hospital have a limitation on the length of labour before whisking you off for a caesarian, or does it depend on the ob?
* Will they allow you to delay cord clamping?
* Do they discourage or disallow doulas?
* Will they let you use a TENS machine for pain relief?
* Does the hospital require continuous fetal monitoring, or is it up to the ob?