+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default early pregnancy questions...

hi everyone,

I'm new to this site and have a couple of questions about early pregnancy....sorry if they've all been asked a million times already.

Yesterday I got a BFP at 12dpo with a first response test. Today (13dpo), I tested again with a first response, which was also positive and a little bit darker than yesterday's test, as well as with a digital test which was also positive.

However today I have had terrible cramps which feel like AF is well and truly on her way. Is this normal or not?

Also, the last few days I have had alot of symptoms like nausea and sore boobs etc however today these are gone and I feel completely normal (apart from the cramps of course!) I'm not sure whether something is wrong.

Thanks for reading!

Thanks
    Reviews
    From what I have read, it is very common to get cramping and even a little bit of bleeding at the early stages. I didn't have cramping at 12DPO but had some spotting at about 21 DPO, which turned out fine.

It is also very common for symptoms to appear and disappear. 12DPO is very early to have any symptoms anyway, so don't worry about it. I'm sure they will be back with a vengeance very soon

Congratulations!

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    my besti is 8weeks along, and she got some bleeding a few days ago, but everything so far is fine, i had cramps with my 2 youngings, and everything was aok with them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds normal to me.

I had such bad cramps in this early days that I thought AF was going go show up. She never did though . I continued to have cramping, particulary in the evenings, until about 12 weeks.

futureherder is offline Child led parent here...save me :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I felt like I was just getting my period when I fell pg with DD, we were trying so I was looking for all the signs. I had no other symptoms but HUGE boobs and being tired.

My second I felt sick from 8DPO (I always thought people who said this sort of thing were liars in the past, how on earth could you get sick from 8DPO!!! but it happened to me) I miscarried that bub at 11 weeks (bleeding started) but I knew from 6 weeks that bub would not stick around.

TBH there is no way to know, it is more common for bubs to stick then not so think sticky thoughts and if you are really worried go to the GP

Congratulations and good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get cramping, sharp pain and aching when I first got pregnant. It was a very similar feeling to AF coming on. In fact, the only difference for me was that my sense of smell became very sensitive and I was noticeably more fatigued when I tried to go for a run (over a distance I usually breezed through).

Sounds like its positive news. Congratulations!

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks guys - helps to hear other people's experiences