+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Sweet poison which one?

I want to invest in the sweet poison book but have just discovered there are two. The book sweet poison and the sweet poison diet guide. Which one do you think is more informative or are both worth while getting? Is it possible to do the diet just off the original sweet poison without buying the diet book?

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I bought both so for anyone who's interested the first book is more the scientific background to the authors 'revelation' and isnt a necessary read though very informative. The second is very much worth the $22!

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    What are the basics? I assume they would be...
    Avoiding all fructose,even some veg high in fructose
    avoiding all sucrose

Does he say you have to avoid lactose? Does he promote stevia?

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I brought the second one & it had all the info I needed.

The basics that I try to follow: (I say try cos being 9 weeks pregnant, I'm on sugar again but will cut it put in 2nd tri):
    - don't eat anything with over 3g sugar per 100g. This is one of the columns on nutritional panels on food packaging
    - no added sugar (even 'fruit' bits)
    - 2 pieces if fruit a day. No more
    - no more fat free foods, they are usually full of sugar & other undesirables. Just buy the full far ones.

He talks about artificial sweeteners but I'm sorry I forget the 'ok' ones

5. The Following User Says Thank You to peasmum For This Useful Post:

threechooks  (10-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have bought and read all three books by David Gillespie. The third one is called Big Fat Lies and it says all these polyunsaturated oils that are marketed to us as supposedly healthy are actually killing us with cancer. The only safe cooking oil is olive oil. Otherwise cook with the old fashioned animal fats known as tallow (beef fat) and lard (pork fat). I have started writing about Gillespie's books on my site, which is about sugar and food addiction... something that has caused me grief for more than a decade. http://sweetcage.com But as for the books on sugar, he says common sugar (and the sugar added to most foods and soft drinks is 50% fructose and %50 glucose). But fructose in large doses is very dangerous to our health by essentially switching-on hunger and damaging our natural appetite-control system that is supposed to switch it off again. Kind regards, David Harvey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tia, David Gillespie says that Lactose is fine. The body will convert it to glucose when it is digested and processed. He says to buy real milk, with the full fat. The body knows how to handle it and keep track of it. Fructose is the dangerous sugar. Grapes and apples have the highest levels of it among the fruits, and carrots the highest fructose among the veggies. He also says to avoid fruit juices like the plague, since they are concentrated sucrose -- as are dried fruits and sultanas! There is more info on my blog.
    Kind regards, David Harvey, Sydney.
    Last edited by gedanate; 11-05-2012 at 15:27.