+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Recommend me a pram for toddler and newborn please

Hi Guys
    DS will be 30 months old when newbie is born. I could get him a skateboard thingy for the mountain buggy but I do a LOT of shopping/outtings etc and I know he will get tired. SO i need a new pram. Am thinking of the strider 4 i think? I want the baby to be able to be on top facing me and toddler under, thats doable isnt it? What other prams can you recommend me? Can the strider be used as the top/bottom double with the captule on top?
    TIA
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    im looking at a phil and teds with the double kit or strider plus. I think you can get a capsule for it but I'm not too sure.

Just wanted to say that your ds has the same birthday as my dd! Happy 2nd birthday for tomorrow! Yay! :-)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Caitysmum For This Useful Post:

hopefulmama2b  (01-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What about a Baby Jogger city select?

I don't have one but I was going to purchase one until my mum bought me an iCandy as a gift. Their meant to be fantastic! You can have something like 15 different seating combinations. Also their not as wide as a Strider, makes for easier handling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Birthday to ur DD as well!!! WOW! and I see we both has no 2 on the way lol. I may go to baby bunting tomorrow and check them both out thanks. have you heard of the icandy or something??

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks snooze- wow just googled Baby Jogger city select- looks great! Any idea of prices of these prams?? just ballparks? how is the icandy??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefulmama2b View Post
    thanks snooze- wow just googled Baby Jogger city select- looks great! Any idea of prices of these prams?? just ballparks? how is the icandy??
    I think the BJCS was around the $800-900 figure?? There were a few specials going when I was looking, so the rrp may be more.The iCandy is really great. I have been using it with the Safe n Sound capsule which clicks straight in (with an adaptor). Its really easy to steer, one handed no problems. I did a complete 180 turn on the spot in the shopping aisle the other day! It also has air filled tyres and rear suspension which makes it smoother on rough ground. So far i love it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bjcs for just the pram is 800-900 odd then the second seat is 150 Or so then you can get the bassinet. You can buy them from new Zealand cheaper.

I have a bugaboo cameleon and will need a new pram I'm not keen on the skateboard and the BJCS is on my lost. The Donkey is an option but I think the seat is narrower

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought the BJCS after "road testing" it with my cousins and their kids. I thought it was fantastic - especially as it's a bit narrower than the Strider. I don't know anything about the iCandy though.

When I bought mine, I got the pram, plus the bassinet attachment and the parent console. All up, in Australia, at full price I would have been looking at around $1200 or so (RRP), on sale I could have probably paid $800 - $900. Plus freight. Through Bub Hub I heard about a place in New Zealand called Winkalotts. I got the lot for $625 Australian. Bargain! Definitely worth shopping around for! And it arrived REALLY quickly.

Another thing though, my cousin now has 14 months between bubs 2 and 3. She has found that sometimes, especially with her new born, it's easier to put new bubs in a carrier (she has an ergo) and older bub in the pram. Keeps newbie settled and meant she could use the single chair set up on the pram at times. Just a thought?

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We bought the Strider Plus 4 for our newborn and toddler, I wanted the baby to be able to face me and also be able to sit either child in either spot. We test drove it around the store with our toddler in it and "dolly" sitting in for baby and I found it to be best. I tried the Phil & Teds but wasn't as impressed. So Strider Plus 4 all the way is my opinion. We got ours on special for 510 with all the bits and bobs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bebe care reverse xlr. The top seat can turn into a bassinet so you don't need to buy it separately. It has a skateboard that fits onto it and a special connection point to make it really easy to take on and off.
    We have this pram and a newborn and toddler, we only have the skateboard, but I'm planning to get the toddler seat as well.
    Much cheaper than the baby jogger. I think it's an excellent pram. Sorry my post doesn't have much flow...bit distracted, lol.