Hi, was not sure where to post this. Before i start, i do not mean to offend anyone in any way. This is a personal expression of my feelings and by no means, supposed to offend.
I have made the decision i would like to have the down syndrome test done. Dh and i are in the very low range and have no relations with Down syndrome.
We did not get it done with DD. Yet i secretly spent pretty much the whole entire pregnancy worrying hoping she would be 'normal'. I hated that lingering thought in the back of my mind and i actually regretted not taking the test when we were ofered it.
I spoke to DH and i said this time i want it done. He bluntly said NO. He would NEVER terminate a pregnancy because of down syndrome. ( Yes, i would terminate if positive ds) He thinks we will find ways to cope as we always seem to be able to do.
I told him i really, really struggled with DD as a newborn and that was without ds. I just couldnt do it with a baby with ds. As bad as that sounds.
Its a selfish decision on my behalf, dh told me that.
Please, is there anyone else in my position?
I cant talk DH into letting me do the down syndrome test. We both have very different opinions on the issue.
What do i do? time is ticking.