+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_P View Post
    I had it bad this time and recurring for about 5 weeks. I too did everything you have said. The LC also told me run the hot tap through the bra cup before washing, I would then soak in napisan before the wash. Also putting your nipple in the sun works really well. Even through a window but it did wonders for clearing it up too. The thing that did finally get rid of it was using the thrush cream for 'down there' - not the edible gel. Just whilst chatting waiting for them to get me more gel, I complained about it recurring and they (chemist girls) commented on how most people use the cream as the gel is very sugary and can 'feed' the thrush. You just need to wipe it off before you feed. My GP also told me not to take diflucan but I had been in so much pain i had to do it. It worked, but it came back. Once I used the cream, it was gone almost immediately - within a day or two. I then continued it for another three days I think, also treating bub with the oral gel and... YAY ITS GONE Wooohooo. I feel for you it is so bad when it keeps coming back. Try the cream - hope it works for you too.
    I also used an anti-fungal cream on the pharmacist advice after weeks of thrush when DS was first born. Nilstat and daktarin did nothing.

It cleared it up in days.

Hugs to you. Thrush is horrible.

Hope it clears up soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just so you consider - there was a study of people diagnosed with thrush and about half were misdiagnosed and had a staph infection. The symptoms are really similar. I treated my thrush for about 3 months with everything the doctor could throw at if, with no success, before reading that. I then had a swab done on my nipple/milk which tested positive for staph. I used an antibiotic cream instead to clear it up. I'm not sure I even had thrush at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had it for 6 weeks with my daughter and it was terrible. http://www.thewomens.org.au/ThrushinLactationIn the end the only thing that worked was daktarin on my nipples before and after a feed and 3 x doses of diflucan with a day Inbetween each dose. This is safe while breastfeeding. As you can see this is the recommended treatment by the women's and I found this out by ringing a few different women's and children's hospitals looking for advice after trying everything and not succeeding!

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB - nooooooo!! Im so sorry to hear this. Glad you get to see the LC today! Hopefully they have some good advice. I had it with DD her mouth, my nipples and it went right through me. However, DD never got it down there. I was constantly worried about it though.

I agree with cindye we have inner health, you can also get it for baby. DS had it a few weeks back - We were told just to give the lil guy half the baby dose. It seems to be gone now .

Ps we mixed it in breastmilk and syringed it in his lil mouth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    thanks everyone.

DD lost weight at a weigh on tuesday...so i of course was told to feed more and of course my bbs got hammered last night..the R is still ok but the L is a disaster. i finally got my pump and it saved me a nervous brekdown this morning.

i am questioning too whther it is thrush...i mean i started the daktarin and diflucan on tuesday and it felt better then overnight with the higher feeding it got drmatically worse..ive booekd to see my GP tommorow arvo as i want to get a anti-biotic and cortisone cream for my nipples..i think it could be infected. DD has latch problems im convinced....LC said she looked like she was attached correctly and sometimes it feels ok but she slides off frequently and has a shaloow latch...ive tried the nipple sandwich technique b4 with the R bb...i think she also isnt taking enuf breast tissue under the nipple as i notice this area burns and she slides up. i have anotehr appt on friday at the feeding clinic...i cant bear DD going near the L bb so im exclusively feeding on the R and using EBM from the L...so far she seems happy with the amount she getting as now on 3 hourly feeds....omg BF is so hard at first, so many times today i felt like giving up i was so upset. im sure my DH thinks i have PND....as long as i dont have to experience that horrific latching pain i can manage. i will get some nipple shields tommrow as well. thank god my DH is on leave for 5 weeks....coundt imagine coping with this and DS at home alone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hun it sounds exactly like vasospasm. Diflucan also makes it worse I discovered. Do you notice your nipples changind from white to pink when bubs comes off? Or even blue? Or when you get into the shower? If you have a heat pack try using it on your breast for five minutes beforehbad, if this feels better then it's vasos.
    I also had abtiobiotics as dr thought it was staph.

Baby wearing, co-sleeping, booby feeding mummy to one

Thanks
    Reviews
    http://www.thewomens.org.au/nipplevasospasm

Baby wearing, co-sleeping, booby feeding mummy to one

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am in the same position here. On and off for the last 3 months. My doctor gave a me script for Kenacomb ointment. It works well for me. The trouble is you have to wipe it off before bf. I take inner health plus x3 a day. On candida diet as well.......