+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Looking for baby in the night

Hi I was wondering if any other mums or dads do this. When I had DS(now 14mnths old) he went straight into his cot. So he has slept in our bed only during the day etc etc. When he was about a month old I started waking in the middle of the night and searching through our sheets looking for DS. I was even asking DH where DS was and of course he was in his cot. I was doing this in a half asleep state. I would do this sometimes everynight. It seemed to stop but every now and again I would do it. Last night I woke again and was looking for DS in the bed. Has anyone else experienced this? Or know why I'am doing this? Thnx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to do this when DD was young. I'd take her to my bed for a feed during the night and wake up frantic that I'd fallen asleep and she was under the covers. Of course, everytime she was safe and sound back in her bassinet but I think it was just my protective instinct kicking in to make sure she was ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I used to do this all the time when DD was little! I just put it down to a combination of sleep deprivation and mummy instincts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha...i did this last night, started patting my chest when bub cried because I thought I was holding her but she was in her cot Sleep deprivation for sure

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My hubby and I did it a lot with our first, he did it with our second too and we still occasionally wake up with a 'where are the children' cold sweat. I think it is sleep deprivation and caring

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do it all the time. I can hear her from our room but also once she makes a noise loud enough, the monitor picks it up. It is then that it sounds like she is right there and I wake thinking I'm terrible & fell asleep with her (its this fear that I refuse to feed her in bed at night)

A couple of nights ago I woke up lightly jiggling the bed with my hips trying to 'calm her down' dh asked if I was dreaming about him....ha fat chance!

Sent from my HTC Liberty using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to michellek For This Useful Post:

haylithan  (01-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep- I've done this so many times- it's such a horrible panicky feeling, isn't it?
    I've also patted DH and told him "shush" when he's rolled over in his sleep!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Kinda but katelyn keeps doing this high pitched scream like shes been rolled on, we both wake in a panic and both sit up and feel around on the bed and cant find her?!?!

Then she sighs and snuffles in her sleep IN HER COT!

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Sent from my X10i using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do this a lot and also breastfeed my pillows. When DS wakes in his cot in his room I can't understand why he needs a feed as he has just had one....oh wait, the pillow has had one sleep deprivation at it's best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol I do something similar. I dream about breastfeeding bub, then when I wake up, I freak out that I fell asleep while breastfeeding and think he is lost in the bed. I also get confused when DP brings him to me saying he needs to be fed when I have just fed him (in my dreams)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub