+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ovulation Question

What day in your cycle do you normally ovulate?

I normally have a 29/30 day cycle, I am currently on day 14 and according to my opk's I haven't ovulated and i am not due to yet. I should also add that I am still breastfeeding my 12 month old DS once a day and once over night and my AF returned at the beginning of the year.

Is there much of a chance that I'll still ovulate this month?

Thanks for your help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I regularly ovulate on the 12 but I think I was early this month by 2 days based on my temp already rising. How do you know you didn't ovulate.

The la leche book I've read gives me the impression that you could very well be having normal cycles only breastfeeding as often as you do.

I know I ovulated because I temp every morning and I used the digital opk to find out when we should start bd.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for replying. I am relying on the cheap opk's to see if I am ovulating and so far the line hasn't been as dark as the control line so thats why I don't think I have ovulated yet.

I would temp but am unsure as to what you do and how do you use the digital test?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I tried using those when we first started trying, I read them wrong for a long time. For the past two months I've been using the digital since I now have a pretty good idea now of when it happens, so I just get the 7 day test.

I'm getting to impatient to stop myself from spending the money. ;(

Have u tried temping? That has really given me the best sign of when I ovulate.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eclecticdreamer For This Useful Post:

Cheetara  (03-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I missed the temp response. For temping I take my temp every morning at 6am. My dp turns off the alarm since ur not supposed to get out of bed before temping. Ur supposed to have 3 consecutive hours of sleep before temping. Some days are a bit off if I was restless. But you need to use a basal thermometer that gives you point two decimals.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eclecticdreamer For This Useful Post:

Cheetara  (03-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What is the theory behind temping? Is it if you are higher you are ovulating? Is it best to check your temp in your mouth, or under your arm etc?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CD84 View Post
    What is the theory behind temping? Is it if you are higher you are ovulating? Is it best to check your temp in your mouth, or under your arm etc?
    Your temperature will rise after ovulation. Typically it will drop the day before or day of ovulation, then rise after ovulation. Orally is better than under arm, but some women go one step up and do it vaginally. As long as you do it the same way every morning then it doesn't really matter.