+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Who is studying beauty therapy

For all those who are studying beauty therapy I'm keen to know what college?
    Full/part/distance?
    Are you happy with your college

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm looking at ACNB. Australian College of Natural Beauty.
    Anyone studied with them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I did my cert II and III at TAFE - Doing my diploma next year with AIAS as they offer VET help. I think there are a couple of hubbers studying Beauty at the moment, SassyMummy is one of them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'm with ANCB at the moment doing a Diploma of Beauty Therapy. This is in Fortitude Valley, Qld.

Anyway, I've just finished first trimester - it was a lot of theory (some of which goes towards a bachelor of Dermal Science if you wanted to become a dermatologist... which I don't... lol... but it is quite a bit of theory work regarding the body and how it all works)... and prac was manis/pedis, facials and waxing. Next trimester is make-up, advanced facials (where we used machinery and whatnot - so like micro-dermabrasion and galvanic and such) and massage I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Milktini View Post
    Doing my diploma next year with AIAS as they offer VET help.
    I looked at AIAS but this year they don't have vets fee. Are they saying they will have vets next year. I wasn't happy with AIAS cause they promised vets and when I was about to start they didn't have it. They really stuffed me around.

That's why I was looking at ACNB. I was thinking of doing my theory by correspondence and going in to do my pracs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'd seriously recommend going in for all your study. Some of the theory is a bit wtf and you'll need to be able to ask questions. We had theory in the mornings anyway, so you'd still have to be go in on the days with theory... just for a lesser period of time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not beauty therapy (which I want to do eventually) this year. I will be doing hairdressing.