+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default I want my tail bone removed im in so much pain since delivery.

Since giving birth 9 weeks ago I have not been able to sit down. My tail bone is killing me I’m going mad and now can’t stop crying from frustration. I have been to chiropractor a few times but it’s no longer helping and she can’t tell me if she can fix it or not.

I want to know if anyone has had their tail bone removed after birth and how did you go about it and how much did it cost. I refuse to take cortisone injections.

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Mine did get better after 6 months ... didn't have to lower myself gently into seats again etc and was great for years, but unfortunately now (14 years since it cracked during DD1s delivery) it is causing me great pain again.

So I'm no help, sorry ... but I would love to hear what options are out there and what you decide to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Someone has on here, but I can't remember 100% who... hopefully they find your thread!

Wait... a clue, I am pretty sure they have 6 kids? But yes, I hope they find your thread it sounds terrible to live with!

Are you sure it is tail bone damage btw? I only ask because I had a pilonidal cyst after DD1 which meant I couldn't sit down and it felt like my tailbone was broken. I had surgery for it the day after seeing the doctor because they can turn into an absyss. Sorry if you know for sure, just thought I'd mention it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    thank you for that. Im not 100% sure that it is tailbone but i think it is and the chiro has been working on it and said it's not in a good way so im assuming that i can assume that it is the tail bone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Might be worth going to your GP and getting a scan done to make sure it's nothing more sinister.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You need to request an MRI! My sister had this and she ended up needing back surgery. Please don't leave it.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Firs of all, I'm so sorry to hear that you are experiencing coccyx pain I can truly sympathise.

I injured my coccyx/tailbone several years ago and have been living with bad coccyx pain ever since (on and off, not constant...although it was VERY constant in the first few years). I have now been diagnosed with a deformed coccyx/tailbone, which will never be 'normal' again. The area is quite enlarged and it is difficult to sit on certain surfaces. At my worst, it was difficult to lie down, walk, basically move.

I have looked into coccygectomy, but it's too high risk for my liking - lots of possible complications and a lot of the post surgery stories I have researched don't sound promising. It's just not a path I want to go down at this stage, so I'm persevering with the least invasive treatment possible, which is chiropractic work. I have noticed a difference, but it has taken some time.

Further, the doctors I have seen have stated that all other treatments need to be exhausted before they will go down the surgical route, although it might depend on the extensiveness of the problem.

Have you had X-rays?
    Last edited by Witwicky; 01-05-2012 at 01:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    no nothing yet im stuck at home with baby plus a torn anus from terrible tear. It would be such a huge effort to get out with baby it does not help that he is huge and heavy and he hates his pram. sigh. Ill go to the GP soon and discuss my options but so far everyone says i need to give it more time it's still early days.