+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How long did you have off work?

I had Friday and I also have today and Tuesday off work...

I can go back on Wednesday but I dont know what to tell co-workers and how to face my colleague who is also pregnant and is just a few weeks ahead of mine.

I hope my DP tells all of his family and friends... I SMSed my friends and family.

I just dont wanna talk to real people about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a missed miscarriage 2 weeks before Christmas and had to have a d&c. I had two days off after that, so in total 5 days, I've known ppl to have a lot longer but I felt better to be at work. I text everyone that knew because I didn't want to talk to ppl in person either. Everyone would be different and depends on your job and how understanding your co workers are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I miscarried on good Friday & went back to work on the Wednesday... Hard for me too, my boss was leaving on maternity leave & it's all she talked about... The girl that came back from maternity leave had her baby on the same date as our due date :-( little things were getting to me easy... I too text my friends!

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST
    BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks.....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MARTTC For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (30-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started to mc in the morning, went to the doctors then continued on my way into work, I had a chem pregnancy though with no d&c required so it was a little different, for me working helped me keep my mind off of things. Hugs to you Hun, go back when you think your ready.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine happened the week between Christmas and new years so I already had the week off work. Which I needed.
    Take as much time as need.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I had 8 days off in total. Take as much time off as you need. It's a very emotional thing and not worth going back to work till you are ready.

Take care of yourself xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry about your loss x

I had a week off work.. but I was already on holidays (teacher). I don't think I could have coped going back sooner as I had the 4 days alone and then hubby came home so I had to go through a lot of the strong emotions with him again.

I had only told two people at work. I called them and let them know then asked them not to ask me about it at work unless I started talking about it first. I didn't want to be a crying mess at work.

I had to tell my chiro today (2 weeks since D&C) and he was the last person I had to tell. I just walked right in a said the pregnancy didn't work out, please Don't ask me about it. He was really good actually... which helped.

Look after yourself xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one week off from one job and two weeks off from my more emotionally-demanding job.

I actually felt a lot better after going back. I really needed the distraction by the end of the second week.

I think its probably really individual and depends on the role and what you find works best for you in terms of coping. Take care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a d&c 2 weeks before I was going on a 3 week holiday so in total i had 5 weeks off. Alot of people told me to go back earlier that it would be harder on me when i got back but honestly for me i needed all that time off, i just wanted to spend as much time with DD as I could and I didn't want to leave her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had an ectopic 5 days before Christmas and had the methotrexate shot (chemo shot) ended up taking 2 days off then Christmas break. Came back to a manager who treated me very very badly and ended up "changing" my role so it didn't include me. I needed more time off and she wouldn't give it to me, I was wrongfully let go and didn't have the strength to argue so i pushed a lot of emotions down and went into work mode. I am only now taking time out I needed.

Don't let anyone tell you how to recover, take your own time.