+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Rittzy, i reckon your blog is a great idea. Such a good way to keep track of your journey. I love Christian

Fortitude, yup! I've def chunked up, i reckon I've put on at least 5kgs since Jan on ivf. If anything, i've eaten less because of stress or an upset tummy from all the drugs. Don't you just love hormones! I've constantly got a bloated belly, and generally just look grey and worn out. I need to have a year worth of facials i reckon!

Girl X, yeah they can make you feel really crappy. I felt the same. I actually found they saved the worst for last, the crinone. Made me so down and anxious and just feeling yukky. Couldn't wait to get off the stuff.

KandP, geese louise! You are on a consort of stuff! It'll be worth it when you get your bubba

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rittzy View Post
    I forgot! I posted a photo of how bloated I got during my last IVF cycle on my blog. I just tried to paste it into this response but it won't work (probably too big lol).

Anyway, it's on page two - I usually have a flat stomach :-)
    www.littlepleasures.blog.com
    I had no side effects whatsoever, but I look like that after lunch everyday hehe. Ps: love your blog.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    But now I'm wondering if it could be a side effect to the drug? After searching on google it appears it is a recorded symptom, but a pretty unusual one.

Trust me to get the stupid and gross symptom that no one else gets.
    Hmm I am Gonal F... my needles came with a medical fact sheet inside the box lid. Did yours come with one? Prob worth going through that reaction list. If it were me I would contact your clinic nurse for advice- cause what if it isn't being absorbed properly? I'd check that, sounds nasty.

xoxo Hope you start feeling much better soon.
    40tude

Thanks
    Reviews
    OK so maybe it is all the early morning clinic visits, maybe it is the stress of wondering how my follicles are progressing, maybe it is the stress of wondering if this cycle will work (or if it will ever work) or maybe it is all of those? However, I have been feeling a bit emotional- not crying as such but feel like I need some extra cuddles and bit sad. I suppose I could conclude it is the new addition of the antagonist drug Orgalutran (also called Orangutan by my DH and myself LOL) as I felt OK until I started that on Thursday night. But I suspect it is the culmination of IVF worries in general- the timing is also when I had my last US and was a bit worried about follicle numbers (or lack there of).

Thoughts on the antagonist part of the cycle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the same reaction when I started the orgalutran, which my dh calls orgasmatron, ha, as if there is anything orgasmic about it. But that was only my first stimmed cycle, my second stimmed cycle I felt fairly normal I think, from memory. I think a lot of it is fear of the unknown with first cycle, then if you have to do another fresh, you are more relaxed, because you know whats going on, and what to expect.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bwana For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (12-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am definately feeling the sulky side effects of Orgalutran. In a right mood and tired as anything. Still think the things surrounding me are impacting me but my ability to shrug it off is less. Can't wait to get off this one.

40tude
    Last edited by Fortitude; 13-05-2012 at 21:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup fortitude, i felt totally crap too. So up and down, and sometimes so irrationally angry that i was ready to smash plates in the sink they can wreak havoc with your system sometimes, hope you are surviving!

How are your follies going?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (13-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks! Glad I am not the only one ready to murder someone then cry about it...

What stage are you currently at ClementineGrace?
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    How are your follies going?
    US tomorrow, so will find out how they have grown since Thursday. The biggest might be getting close, the middle 3 about right, and the smaller might be still too small if they all grow the same rate. BUT they didn't grow same rate before. There were also 3 tadpoles... maybe they had a growth spurt? who knows. Will post. Bit frightened of things going a$$ up.

40tude
    Last edited by Fortitude; 13-05-2012 at 21:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sariele - I was on Crinone following the transfer & had a really bad tummy. Also suffered from OHSS. Couldn't keep any food. It was awful! It also turned out I was pregnant with that cycle - was also our first - so not sure if the pregnancy contributed to it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to momtobe21 For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (18-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thats good, you've got at least 4 getting to the right size. what day are you up to? you can also have follies/eggs that "hide". I went into EPU with 8 follies and ended up with 12 eggs i think.

I got my official BFP on friday! But i'm now in torturous "limbo land" waiting for my HCG to go up at the right levels. Another bt tom.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast