+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rittzy View Post
    I forgot! I posted a photo of how bloated I got during my last IVF cycle on my blog. I just tried to paste it into this response but it won't work (probably too big lol).

Anyway, it's on page two - I usually have a flat stomach :-)
    www.littlepleasures.blog.com
    Wow GF that sure is bloating. Thanks for the share- I read some of your blog, such a hard journey.
    I wish you the best of luck, hope your appointment went well today. I am one of the others sharing those appointments. LOL The worst call I got was when I was in hospital offering me an early appointment... I had to turn it down!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am OFFICIALLY on my first IVF cycle. Had my first FSH needle tonight and was pleasantly surprised as it wasn't as bad as my clexane needle. Naturally enough no respose in terms of a reaction as yet.

But YEAH!!!! TTC!!!

40ude

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woot Woot - congratulations on your first day of IVF I will keep my fingers crossed for you! Thanks for reading some of my blog :-) Writing down all of my feelings keeps me sane. You were reading page two so that appointment was a while ago. We're all (the three of us) due to have some more appointments this week. Counselling, Simone, nurse chat... Then we're all done - our egg donor and I have to go on the pill and then we begin - probably around July

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rittzy For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (06-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks heaps, it is exciting. I am also afraid of how I will feel if it doesn't work- which at my stage in life is a real possibility.

40tude

Thanks
    Reviews
    After 3 days of FSH, tomorrow is my first ultrasound AKA DILDO CAM!!!

Wonder what my follicles will be doing? Grow babies grow.

40tude

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's great that you're aware that it might not work. I'm guessing your FS has been pretty straight with you. You won't know until you try I guess.

I was 28 when I had my first IVF cylce and because of my age I thought it would work first time. It didn't and it still hasn't. I was devasted. But I just kept thinking that a lot of worse things happen in the world and this was nothing. DH and I talked about what our next steps were and we've stuck to that plan.

Good luck with your US tomorrow. I find that taking DH in with me is a big help emotionally. He usually sits up near my head and writes down the sizes of the follicles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck fortitude! god i feel like i have had a zillion of those lovely dildo cams. My first two cycles i had one every 2nd day, funny how you just get used to it! If you just throw everything at it, at least you'll know that you've given it your best shot.

Rittzy, i love your blog by the way plus christian the lion gets me every time! I really hope it all works out for you guys, you've already been down such a hard road. Sometimes i feel like we should all get t-shirts "i survived ivf!" hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by felicita View Post
    Synarel or lucrin (for a down reg cycle) can give menopause symptoms, most common being headache.

FSH (GonalF, Puregon, Elonva) stimulates the follicles. So if it works you get symptoms from having large ovaries. Can be an ache in the back, and a sensation of fullness.

As the follies grow they will make oestrogen, so you'll get symptoms from that. Oestrogen is responsible for the EWCM. Copious EWCM in an IVF cycle does not mean you've ovulated, it just means you're growing a lot of follicles (and hopefully eggs too). Oestrogen also grows your endometrium.

The hCG trigger (Ovidrel, Pregnyl) is the same hormone that pregnancy tests look for. It tells your ovaries to keep making progesterone, so you'll get symptoms from that which are the same as pregnancy symptoms. (When you think about it that's obvious because it's the same hormone as for pregnancy.) Progesterone causes sore boobs, increased peeing, slower movement of food through intestines (may lead to constipation), aches and niggles because it relaxes smooth muscle.
    Progesterone (is supposed to) keep AF away if it's above 30. That's its job. I find for me that since progesterone goes so high after a stim (each follicle makes about 40 progesterone at its peak) then if the cycle is a BFN my body is ready for AF as soon as progesterone gets back down to 30-35. Also on a BFN stim cycle, my boobs stop being sore and I get a wave of hormone-induced sadness when progesterone is dropping through about 40. Since the support my FS had me on after EPU adds about 30 to my progesterone, then I usually made it to my blood test before AF (although sometimes only a few hours before).
    Progesterone also changes your endometrium slightly so that it's more comfortable for an embryo.

Antagonist (Orgalutran) can cause itchiness at the injection site for a few minutes.

But, yes, as you indicated, your personal response to the drugs will only be known after you've done it yourself.
    Thank you so much for this! I've just completed my first full-stim IVF cycle (in the 2 week wait now) and had no idea about the detail of how progesterone works.

Im on 2 x ralovera & 2 progynova 4 x daily, 2 crinone gels and 1 progesterone pessary every day, and 1 clexane jab. I feel like a walking pharmacy. Even so, i have no idea if all of that is keeping my progesterone over 40? I'm guessing so as my bbs are still huge and tender, areolas are dry and have the other symptoms too. Blood test is on the 14th may.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So here I am after 4 days of FSH injections. Feel the same- my usual sore tummy/back from AF. Struggling a bit with drinking the 2-3L of water they have asked me to drink. Not a big water drinker, it's cold and drinking that much makes me feel like a water balloon.
    Had my US yesterday. Was disappointed with follicles at first (2left, 4 right) but my pals here have assured me that is actually a good response after so few days and at my age. Besides, I just need one that sticks- not a footy team. FS has increased my FSH dose from 250 to 275. So maybe a footy team will appear anyway?
    Compared to my clexane needle the FSH needle is a breeze- can't even feel it go in. Yes! Joked with DH last night "bet you wish you were me... 2 injections a night, dildo cam! and soon I will have the antagonist so 3 needles a night, cool fun! bet you are jealous!"

My journey thus far is smooth and uneventful and I am glad for it.

40tude
    Last edited by Fortitude; 09-05-2012 at 09:11.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fortitude For This Useful Post:

KandP  (09-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey 40tude, I injected for 18 days and experienced no symptoms at all, with the exception of fatigue in the second week. BUT, in saying that, I'm having EPU in 30 minutes :/

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (09-05-2012)