+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Check your computer history to find the website he was trying to show you.

I agree it sounds dodgy.. I hate Telstra contacting me... if I wanted to talk to Telstra, I'd call or go to a shop, not the other way around

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No way! Don't do it.

***Happy to be a Mummy & Daddy of ONE! :-) ***

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Get yourself this instead, it's totally free. Best thing I have done. Be very wary of door to door people, especially those that ask to see bills etc. Some people have found themselves signed up after the fact, even though they did not agree to it. These salespeople are often desperate students working on commission and they don't really care how they get your name on their documents, so long as they get paid.

Seriously, Telstra is one of the most expensive companies of all those that sell telecommunication products. I will not deal with them ever again unless I have no choice. They are shocking for customer service. In fact, I cannot think of a company I dislike more based on personal experience.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I just checked my paperwork, and I have his name and ID #, so I tried to submit a complaint on the Telstra website and got a server error.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found it useless to complain to telstra , we go thru the telecommunications ombudsman and have had to the last 2 times we changed companies just to get a disconnection as telstra and another company refused to do it ,yet send a complaint to the ombudsman and it's done straight away.
    We get a few door to door telecommunications sales ppl but I don't bother answering the door as they are so pushy and I would rather have the time to shop around than take a deal on the spot that sounds good.
    Also I was wondering about the cable bit in the first post , is that like ethernet? And why would they not be offering wireless? Unless you live in an area with highspeed cable Internet but I thought it was all wireless these days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Both the free modems (the cable modem and the NBN modem) allowed wireless connections (to the customers laptops, mobile phones, and other devices), but the cable part is how the modem connects from within the house to the ISP. Most people use DSL these days, which piggybacks off a phone line, but a cable connection uses the same cable as cable TV (eg Foxtel).

As far as I know, only Optus or Telstra offer cable internet, and only Telstra offers it to units. I had Optus cable at my last premises, but this house is classified as a unit so Optus would not offer cable here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Development: Yesterday I received a call on my mobile - an automated survey from Telstra on my (dis)satisfaction with their representative who visited me the previous day. I gave him a poor rating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Most phone companies offer cable now. We got ours 6 years ago through e-wire. Changed to iprimus this year as they offer cable now too ( even though already had cable connected....changed as better deal). Shop around..and i agree never trust door to door salesman.