+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 60% off or a pram I actually like???

What would you do?

A friend of DH's works for mountain buggy/phil and teds and can get 60% off any pram for us. Problem is I don't like any of them....

BUT, I cannot stand spending $700+ on a pram, to me it just seems so wasteful.

If I bought a pram from him for 60% off the price, I would have to keep it as we see him quite regularly so I couldn't just get it, sell it and buy a pram I like.......but if I don't accept his offer, i'll probably end up spending $400 on a pram that I do really like...and $400 is such a lot of money!

I don't know what to do.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    personally i would take him up on the offer, if you dont get a pram you like you are more likely to go out and by pram after pram until you do find one. (well i did anyway)

so i would take your friend up on the offer, plus they are just better lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would never have a pram I didn't like. My prams reflect my personality and also have to function the way I want them to.

I don't think $400 is much to spend at all for a good pram.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JJZK For This Useful Post:

Maybelline  (30-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would take him up on offer..mountain buggy are great!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It depends on how you are financially.

If spending $400 on a pram that you actually do like is within your means, and you wouldn't have to make sacrifices in order to pay for it, then I would go for it. A pram is something you will be using on almost a daily basis and you need to be happy with it.

That being said, if your family would have to go without (less money for food/bills etc) in order to buy a pram you like then I think you should take him up on his offer.

Good luck with your decision!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you tried www.pramwarehouse.com.au? They have loads of baby stuff for heaps less than retail price - and it's all brand new. I really liked a pram that was nearly $900 and they had it for $650 - and delivery was only $20. Worth a look anyway! Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    60% off is great! I'd have loved that when I bought my swift!! What type of prams do you like?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I wouldn't if you don't like it. 60% off something you don't really want or need is moot. I'm sure I could get 60% off something totally irrelevant to my life but it's pretty pointless.

Maybe ask him if he'd mind if you bought one with the intention to sell, otherwise just save your pennies and get something you really like

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveyDovey View Post
    It depends on how you are financially.

If spending $400 on a pram that you actually do like is within your means, and you wouldn't have to make sacrifices in order to pay for it, then I would go for it. A pram is something you will be using on almost a daily basis and you need to be happy with it.

That being said, if your family would have to go without (less money for food/bills etc) in order to buy a pram you like then I think you should take him up on his offer.

Good luck with your decision!
    Well, we aren't rolling in cash,if I spend $400 say on a pram, I will have to spend less on the cot and other stuff. All up I have about $1000 to spend on pram, cot,mattress, sheets etc.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelLexiesmum View Post
    Have you tried www.pramwarehouse.com.au? They have loads of baby stuff for heaps less than retail price - and it's all brand new. I really liked a pram that was nearly $900 and they had it for $650 - and delivery was only $20. Worth a look anyway! Good luck!
    They have some really great deals!!! They don't deliver to NZ unfortunately though
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    60% off is great! I'd have loved that when I bought my swift!! What type of prams do you like?
    4 wheelers with not too small wheels and with reversible handlebars so I can either have baby facing away from me or toward me. Im so not a fan of the 3 wheelers, they just aren't me for some reason....

I sound picky don't I...

Thanks
    Reviews
    What benji said. Even at 60% off; if you don't like it, it's a waste of $X. Buy the pram you really want.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub