+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default the exhaustion just hit me, and im struggling.

I actually thought this pregnancy would be like my first with absolutely no symptoms except a growing belly.
    I know it's early, im only 5 and a bit weeks but this exhaustion that kicked in a few days ago is just the pits. I have no energy, everything is a struggle. I just want to curl up in bed and sleep. Even after a 9 hr sleep i wake up still exhausted! When will this end!?
    Today is housework day and i can usually get it all done in the couple hrs DD has her nap. I wiped down the kitchen table and benches and swept the floor and hung out the nappies. This took me 2 hours! and i was so tired i just gave up. My lower back ached an it felt like i had a stitch in my lower abdomen. No housework today. Just looking at everything that needs to be done this week makes me tired.

The other thing is my appetite, im not a massive eater anyways, i just eat when im hungry. ATM Appetite = none. Nothing, im NEVER hungry!
    Yesterday i went untill 4.30pm with out a thing to eat except a cup of tea in the morning. DH had to let me know that i hadnt eaten all day and thats just not me! Im not nausiated, i just dont feel the need to eat, i almost feel "full" ??

TMI - For 2 days i was constipated and today it wont stop!

Arghh, this is just a vent as im feeling sorry for myself. I dont even feel pregnant, these symptoms r just ****ty. Im only 5 weeks for god sake! it sounds like im at the end of my pregnancy or something the way im carrying on! DH thinks it's all in my head as we did a pregnancy test yesterday (first one DH knew about lol) and pretty much since then ive been having "pregnancy symptoms" all of a sudden. He takes no notice.
    Am off to the docs this arvo so i guess he will cop an earfull too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I feel the same, im 7 weeks pregnant with my 3rd pregnancy, which was unplanned and unexpected, normally i do the washing and everything within 2-3 hours and even just washing up the dishes is tiring. I used to usually sit up till midnight and read and chat on the net, but i find myself constantly dozing off and feeling so sick it's doing my head in. a few times i've even had a good cry on the couch because i just don't feel like im handling it well at all.... the nausea is just killing me. I had the flu, gastro and bronchitis as well within the last 2 months so i haven't even had a ''break'' if u get what i mean.

sometimes i feel really bad cos i just lie on the couch during the day and don't really play or entertain the kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I actually found the first trimester (especially the very early days - when I didn't know I was pregnant!) the worst by a long shot. And I went over 2 weeks past estimated due date!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I get the like this in the first trimester of pregnancy, it is awful. For me it passes once i get to the second trimester (then reappears in late pregnancy).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I. Hear. You.

Only 5 weeks +4 today and I've been exhausted since before the weekend. I was a write off on Sunday.

Been having 2 tablespoons of psyllium with my Weetbix every morning for the bowels. Working so far.

But it's the fatigue. I get to work waiting for home time. Then I get home and it's all I can do to get dinner organized, have a shower and then hit my pillow.

Good times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by romaverona View Post
    I. Hear. You.

Only 5 weeks +4 today and I've been exhausted since before the weekend. I was a write off on Sunday.

Been having 2 tablespoons of psyllium with my Weetbix every morning for the bowels. Working so far.

But it's the fatigue. I get to work waiting for home time. Then I get home and it's all I can do to get dinner organized, have a shower and then hit my pillow.

Good times.
    Interesting.... has anyone else found that psyllium works? might try it..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe mention it to your doc... I felt like that last pregnancy and turned out I had low thyroid levels... the exhaustion lasted ALL pregnancy. This time I'm medicated, and I'm tired, but not sheer exhaustion where lifting your arms is an effort!! Hope it passes soon!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm 15.5 weeks and still feel the same as you xxx it's very hard when there's another child to look after too.