+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Don't feel badxxx

I take two zofran a day also xxx since six weeks..I'm 15weeks now.

I would be bedridden without it. I feel like I need V.. I'm so tired lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can't even imagine how I would have survived my second pregnancy without coke (of the red can variety ). I was so sick and utterly beside myself with exhaustion. A few people gave me a hard time about it. Made me feel like the worst mother on earth. Big hugs. You are doing a great job xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh hun don't feel bad!

I was taking zofran every day from 11weeks up until the day DD was born. I also was addicted to coke the whole time (seriously i would have drunk it out of a 2litre bottle with a straw if DP didn't stop me lol) and DD is perfectly healthy :-)

It's not as if you are sucking down cigarettes or drinking alcohol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Last pregnancy, I was so virtuous that I didn't even take a panadol.

This time, I took dozile and maxalon, then later 8mg of zofran on my work days. I have to work, and felt I needed it.

I found an upside of the drugs was it allowed me to eat a range of foods, whereas the first time, it was just toasted cheese sandwiches.

I don't think the impact of morning sickness is well enough acknowledged. It can be really debilitating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Don't beat yourself up!!!! We all need to do things to get by. It's like PPs have said... Youre not binge drinking, smoking like a chimney etc etc. doing drugs!!!
    Don't listen to other people!!! Youll be fine. 😊

Thanks
    Reviews

I had bad morning sickness that lasted all day and went cold turkey off Coffee which was hard but what I would do is suck on mints or eat an apple to relieve the nausea and it made V taste awful so I gave up pretty quick.

I figured it was a good time to adjust my thinking on energy drinks - people survived before they came along! I told my OB that I was feeling crappy and he suggested Berroca every day and more red meat for iron.

I also was prescribed medication for it by a GP but after reading up on it I decided against it. I was a wreck by 3 in the afternoon so I spoke to my boss about shortening my lunch hour and going home earlier, which was accepted! It made things a lot easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    With the Zofran it is the benefits outweighing the risks. That's all you need to think of. I was on category C painkillers and I was dying with pain every day throughout my pregnancy, but I would've literately died instead of risking my child's health.
    Category B I wouldn't even blink twice. I was on a muscle relaxant of Category B and I have taken that throughout my pregnancy without any problems.

The 4 cans of V, I don't know. I still had my 1 cup of instant coffee in the morning. Even during breastfeeding.
    On the other hand, I don't drink coke either. Never have and never will.
    So the only caffeine came from that 1 cup of coffee.
    Im sure it will be fine though. If you do have a real concern, discuss it with your OB.
    A friend of mine drank 6 cans of coke (normal coke, not diet or light) each day. Her son was born with jaundice and tremors. He was having withdrawal symptoms. Though he's now 2,5 yo and doing just fine.

Oh I did have 2 glasses of white wine during my pregnancy while eating at a restaurant. One at 12 weeks and 1 at 30 weeks.
    At 30 weeks I got nagged to death by the waitress about how bad it was to drink alcohol during pregnancy. I stood up and said "Its white wine and NOT wodka! I probably wont even finish the glass all the way anyway! Oh and by the way, WHY is this YOUR business and WHY am I explaining myself to YOU?!?!"

I then asked to speak to the manager and expressed my disappointment in his staff. Never went back to that restaurant and have not recommended it to anyone since then.

Just get used to the fact that when you're pregnant, you somehow end up being public property for 9 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone
    I guess because i loved being pg the first time i didnt mind giving it all up and whatnot but its SO different this time the only way im getting any kind of happyness is when i break a 'rule' and someone gets the ****s at me.
    I dont drink coke or any softdrink really, no smoking etc or wine so im gonna stop beating myself up about the V.
    Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have found it harder the second time. Maybe because you're looking after another child, and it's less novel? The morning sickness really got me down this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We will be TTC within the next 6 months. I currently drink close to 2L :s of the stuff each week. I'm trying to give up now but have only lasted 5 days max.

4 cans in 12 weeks is an amazing effort don't feel bad,